Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Camping pegs

Helen
Dandy Owner

Camping pegs

Post by Helen on Fri 12 Apr 2013, 8:12 am

Which type do you use/prefer?

We've had the plastic grooved type and although some are very good others go brittle and can be tough to get out of the ground ..... we now use a mixture of both metal and plastic. We have rock pegs too and use them for the storm strap no matter what type of ground we're on. We carry a box with all types in but to be honest just put whatever we grab out of the top first in, our box needs a tidy as we have some broken plastic pegs and some bent metal pegs that we keep carrying around ...... I think when we've got rid of them then the box is going to need restocking Rolling Eyes

Can't decide which to get this time around though, it's a good few years since we bought pegs.
mike
Dandy Owner

Re: Camping pegs

Post by mike on Fri 12 Apr 2013, 8:22 am

Ours look like the cheap wire pegs but are longer and there are two or three (cant remember)welded side by side for rigidity,have other types but only use these now.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 12 Apr 2013, 8:35 am

Johns going to a camp shop over the weekend, I was thinking of a mixture of metal pegs as they take up less space in the box and we can also keep our bungees in it then. We keep them in the front box at the moment but they get the hooks caught around the wire basket and it can be annoying getting them out.

We always start off in spring all organised Laughing
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Fri 12 Apr 2013, 6:12 pm

The best pegs I've ever bought. The idea came from the quite expensive screw in rock pegs but they go in quite easily with a mallet, mind you I have a copper mallet that must weigh 11/2lbs. That also serves as a potato masher [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I digress. Tent pegs.
Hardest serving tent pegs I've used. Coach Screws M10 X 200mm 10 for £2.76 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I've just about started to put a slight bend into 1.

Or £17.82 in stainless if you are feeling flush.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
peridot
Dandy Admin

Post by peridot on Fri 12 Apr 2013, 9:31 pm

We use [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on guy ropes. Nothing shifts them and, flush with the ground, they're less of a tripping hazard.
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Fri 12 Apr 2013, 9:34 pm

We used to use Delta Anchors on the main tri guys on our old tent. Brilliant bits of kit, if the wind blows they actually pull deeper into the ground nothing will shift them.

Nigel's just told me we've inherited some more Delta Anchors with Olivia (thanks Steve)I think you'd probably need the metal ones if you we're on hard standing, but the plastic ones would be fine on grass.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 13 Apr 2013, 4:21 pm

I've heard of Delta Anchors before ..... how hard are they to get out when you need to ?
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Sat 13 Apr 2013, 4:25 pm

Helen wrote:I've heard of Delta Anchors before ..... how hard are they to get out when you need to ?

They're not, just pull them out the way they went in its really easy, in fact they are probably the best pegs I've ever come across. You don't need them on all the guys (on a tent anyway) just the main ones.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 13 Apr 2013, 4:40 pm

Thanks Jayne, sounds like we just need a few of those along with some of the usual metal pegs plus rock pegs.
peridot
Dandy Admin

Post by peridot on Sat 13 Apr 2013, 10:53 pm

Helen wrote:I've heard of Delta Anchors before ..... how hard are they to get out when you need to ?

I hook a normal 'peg puller' under the edge and ease them out without too much difficulty.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 21 Jan 2019, 10:20 am