Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

5 berth dandy wanted

sunflowergs

5 berth dandy wanted

Post by sunflowergs on Wed 17 Apr 2013, 12:25 pm

Hi, i have just joined this site and hopefully will get a response to my request. I am looking to buy a dandy trailer tent, 5 berth or larger. 1995 onwards and preferably comes with a dandy awning. I have looked at one advertised on gumtree locally but it didn't feel right. I have also emailed an advertiser on this site without response. I am prepared to travel any distance for the right one. many thanks Graham.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: 5 berth dandy wanted

Post by Helen on Wed 17 Apr 2013, 1:46 pm

Welcome to the Dandy Campers Graham, is there any particular reason why you want 95 onwards ? Just curious

Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 17 Apr 2013, 5:18 pm

sunflowergs wrote:Hi, i have just joined this site and hopefully will get a response to my request. I am looking to buy a dandy trailer tent, 5 berth or larger. 1995 onwards and preferably comes with a dandy awning. I have looked at one advertised on gumtree locally but it didn't feel right. I have also emailed an advertiser on this site without response. I am prepared to travel any distance for the right one. many thanks Graham.

Post 95 have some disadvantages. PVC double glazing, looks nice but what do you do if it breaks?
Heaters, I'm not sure what year heaters were discontinued but think it might be the tail end of the 90's.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 17 Apr 2013, 5:23 pm

If my memories working then I think they stopped the heaters mid 90's, I used to know the exact year .... old age must be catching up fast affraid

sunflowergs

Post by sunflowergs on Wed 17 Apr 2013, 6:06 pm

No particular reason for mid 90s, i know very little about Dandy's but appreciate their practicality,easy towing and storage. I am hoping to get as late a model as my wallet will allow. Plus my wife likes the pale blue and white model. Any advice regarding what to look out for when buying would be greatly appreciated. kind regards Graham.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 17 Apr 2013, 6:17 pm

I like the pale blue and white too Very Happy Mines a 91 Designer and I love it, age is less important than condition when it comes to Dandy's ..... I've seen them years younger than mine and not in as good a condition.

Suspension is the most expensive thing to replace
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 17 Apr 2013, 6:30 pm

With the caution that it does have Perspex windows this doesn't look too bad for £800. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You could bide your time for a heater, till one shows up at less than £200 (price for the last couple on eBay)
It's a non domestic gas appliance so you can fit your own when one shows up. We have fitting instructions.

sunflowergs

Post by sunflowergs on Wed 17 Apr 2013, 9:29 pm

I have emailed the lady advertising the designer but have not received a reply. As helen has pointed out condition is everything, i'm looking for one that has been well looked after with owner history. I'll just keep looking,one's bound to turn up sooner or later. The gas heater looks like a real plus, how reliable are they and would you advise some sort of carbon monoxide monitor should i find a dandy with one fitted?
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK on Wed 17 Apr 2013, 9:31 pm

A carbon monoxide detector is a cheap must have.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 17 Apr 2013, 9:40 pm

The Dandy for sale is a very good price but it's a discovery so has a bench instead of a table and chairs.
Underfloor heaters are fantastic if you want to camp without EHU but if your on electric invest in a small heater to save your gas ...... although they are good why use your gas when you've paid for electricity. I didn't use EHU for many years but was never cold in our Dandy because of our underfloor heater

Carbon Monoxide detectors are not expensive and we have one, even if you get a Dandy without an underfloor heater as you have a cooker in there I'd get one anyway ...... can't do any harm and could save your life.
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 17 Apr 2013, 9:50 pm

sunflowergs wrote:I have emailed the lady advertising the designer but have not received a reply. As helen has pointed out condition is everything, i'm looking for one that has been well looked after with owner history. I'll just keep looking,one's bound to turn up sooner or later. The gas heater looks like a real plus, how reliable are they and would you advise some sort of carbon monoxide monitor should i find a dandy with one fitted?

See [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'd always recommend a CO alarm. Some will tell you that they are not constructed for tents or suchlike. This may be true but they still work as both my own experience and a demonstration by a fireman at Woodhall Spa last year shows. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Thu 18 Apr 2013, 1:24 am

amazing what you can do to pretty the brown ones up as they seem to be the most for sale but if your heart is set for the blue good luck and we will all keep an eye out for you

joules29

Post by joules29 on Thu 13 Jun 2013, 10:30 pm

Hello, If you are still interested i have a Dandy Delta for sale, fully insulated, pale blue & white colour, full matching awning in very good condition.
Asking £1495. in Stoke on Trent .

Thanks.

sunflowergs

Post by sunflowergs on Fri 14 Jun 2013, 3:21 pm

Hi Joules, we managed to get a dandy soon after posting the message. Thanks anyway and good luck selling your delta.

joules29

Post by joules29 on Fri 14 Jun 2013, 11:42 pm

Thanks Very Happy

Happy Camping cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 Nov 2017, 6:48 am