Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Oohh Err.. Gone & bought one.

Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Oohh Err.. Gone & bought one. - Page 2 Empty Re: Oohh Err.. Gone & bought one.

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 06 May 2013, 8:42 pm

navver wrote:By the looks of it, it needs a prop each side where the lip will be stronger and will share the load. Looks like a job for some more gas struts. I've always felt locker lids should simply be removable, then they don't get in the way at all.

I think it useful to have it held up because it give 2 hands free to connect gas bottles, tie up straps and put stuff in the locker etc. But it's not the end of the world if not.

The low tech solution might be 2 c clips tied to the internal basket and a suitable length of stick clipped to these so it doesn't fall out while towing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
navver

Post by navver on Sun 19 May 2013, 8:01 pm

Well I've CIFd the roof and walls inside & out and polished with Mr Sheen. It's amazing how it cleans up, really pleased. We've got all the gear now and I have the inside packed ready to go in 2 weeks time. It all fit, just.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Many thanks to Helen for the tips on packing. That enabled me to make sure stuff would fit before buying it.

The loo is under the table in 2 bits. There are Fiamma wheeled water & waste containers, the step, a waste bin, the shelf unit with light all on the floor.

The lower kitchen has the crockery, kettle, pots & pans all in one side.
The top kitchen has the cutlery tray.
One under seat has, 2 blankets, 19" telly, aerial, pegs, mains leads, airer,
The other under seat is empty so still room for more.
The top of the trailer has sun canopy & poles, 2 chairs, underbed skirt and still room left.

That leaves, clothes, coats, brollies, sleeping bags, food & fridge and the dog stuff in the car along with the scooter.

We're going to get two holdalls for clothes, one each. These can live on the beds or in underseat storage. Some things can hang on hooks or hangers on the wardrobe rail.
peridot
peridot
Dandy Admin

Post by peridot on Sun 19 May 2013, 8:38 pm

Some very neat packing there navver -we never had our Designer looking that good.
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 19 May 2013, 8:40 pm

Is the board on top of the kitchen the back board for the second shelf?

If so they used to have a stiffening piece across the top.

More to the point if you place it along the top of the bottom shelf (in effect what forms the second shelf) under the doors for the second shelf it then seals the top of the tube to stop the ingress of mice.
navver

Post by navver on Sun 19 May 2013, 10:20 pm

Tow Itch wrote: Is the board on top of the kitchen the back board for the second shelf?

More to the point if you place it along the top of the bottom shelf (in effect what forms the second shelf) under the doors for the second shelf it then seals the top of the tube to stop the ingress of mice.

Yes that is it. I was thinking about mice, but if they can climb up the inside of a tube 2" drain pipe why can't thy climb up the outside and get under the cover. There's loads of room between the cover and the tub.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 20 May 2013, 8:03 am

It still never ceases to amaze me just how much stuff you can fit into a Dandy if you pack well ...... looks really neat Oohh Err.. Gone & bought one. - Page 2 1710857839 The best bit is when you put the Dandy up and then start taking stuff out while you organize inside .... people look on in absolute wonder at what that little trailer turns into and how much stuff comes out Oohh Err.. Gone & bought one. - Page 2 2829330259
navver

Post by navver on Mon 20 May 2013, 10:38 am

Tow Itch wrote: Is the board on top of the kitchen the back board for the second shelf?

There is no stiffening piece now. The centre cupboard slots together and there is a small piece of timber each side on the bottom unit to locate it and old it square. The top unit is located with 2 dowels along the front. I wouldn't like to sit on the worktop.

The top worktop/covers are held up with a triangular side piece each side which clips in. To put the cover down you have to remove the side piece. I'm considering fitting those sort of knee brackets/supports instead, like most have, and then use the side piece as a small worktop extension shelf. They have a matching worktop formica finish which would look good. See how we go when we've lived in it a while.

Trouble is there are so many things to do and so little time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 21 May 2019, 9:53 am