Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Fishpool farm campsite.

sunflowergs

Fishpool farm campsite.

Post by sunflowergs on Sun 28 Apr 2013, 6:56 pm

This is a great little campsite set in the cheshire countryside near Tarporley. The site has 50 plots on grass and allweather pitches all with ehu.The toilet/shower block was kept spotlessly clean with plenty of hot water. there is also a laundry/washing up facility. The kids loved the play ground and little wooded area with rope swings. We would definately stay again, the only slight downer was the cost £32 a night i think is quite steep and its extra for wifi.
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Re: Fishpool farm campsite.

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 28 Apr 2013, 7:57 pm

This place? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A little more than I would like to pay. Does completely extortionate season and a merely expensive season, sorry a high and low season or is there no price gradient?

I presume previous difficulties with hot water have been solved?

I make a play about price but if you, the wife and kids were all comfortable and happy with the value that is all that matters.

sunflowergs

Post by sunflowergs on Sun 28 Apr 2013, 9:00 pm

We had no problems with hot water while we were there. This weekend was more about gaining experience with the Dandy, we wanted somewhere reasonably close to home with good reviews and most importantly a play area for the kids. Theres no way we can afford to pay £32 a night every time we want to stay somewhere,but as a one off i stood it. This coming weekend we will be staying at the Woodlands campsite in Allostock, we used to have a caravan sited here a couple of years ago so we know what to expect and we are only paying £15.00 a night.
peridot
Dandy Admin

Post by peridot on Sun 28 Apr 2013, 9:04 pm

Thanks for the review sunflowergs.

I assume there are four of you? The 'extra person' charge at £5 is very steep. This is one that I find very variable - anything from 1 to 5 quid on various sites.

I have to say my 'cut-off' point is around £25 (for three of us). There has to be a very good reason to pay any more than that.

sunflowergs

Post by sunflowergs on Sun 28 Apr 2013, 9:35 pm

There's me and the mrs plus 2 kids aged 12 and 10 and a 20mth old. they charged us £5 a night for the older two, and my 12yr old daughter was pleased i wouldn't pay for wifi!
peridot
Dandy Admin

Post by peridot on Sun 28 Apr 2013, 10:31 pm

Unless I'm certain of the quality of the service I don't pay for wi-fi on sites. I've had a number of problems in the past with the signal not extending to my pitch or very slow speeds. Many of the providers will only allow one device to use the service too and we have numerous gadgets between the three of us.

I can tether my laptop to my '3' phone and get good speeds in most places. I also have a 'giff gaff' sim card in one of those little 'Mi-Fi' gadgets. It's £5 for 500MB or 7/50 for 1GB of data and all the family can connect provided there's an O2 phone signal available.

Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 28 Apr 2013, 10:41 pm

I'm checking that there are no billing issues but thinking of ditching Vermin Media. Had a minimum of 4 meg off my 3 phone and had 91/2 meg at one point.
Notionally truly unlimited data.
peridot
Dandy Admin

Post by peridot on Sun 28 Apr 2013, 11:00 pm

I've been on '3' for a few years now and been very pleased with them. I've had high speed data coverage in places where the other networks had no signal whatsoever.

I pay £13 a month for unlimited data. It doesn't officially include tethering, as you need the more expensive 'one plan' for that but I keep an ancient version of a web browser on my laptop that it doesn't detect so I can get away with it. I use it for work as well as it's so much better than the corporate facilities. Because of the encryption on the work laptop it tethers without any detection and I've never had any problem with the hammering that gives the data volumes.

For £5 a day I can also have unlimited data across Europe. The other networks do cheaper roaming deals but they're limited to a few MB.

sunflowergs

Post by sunflowergs on Mon 29 Apr 2013, 6:04 am

My post should of read my daughter was NOT pleased i wouldn't pay for wifi. Peridot and towhitch you lost me just after laptop! I'm reasonably intelligent but when it comes to computers,wifi,gigabites etc i'm lost!!
peridot
Dandy Admin

Post by peridot on Mon 29 Apr 2013, 7:32 am

Yes, I assumed you meant 'not' pleased.

I am also blessed with a 12 yr old daughter. When I mentioned that the new campsite we were going to at Easter might might not have mobile phone coverage she was in a panic for the whole week beforehand. As it happened the site did have signal.

She doesn't realise that we're going to another new one next weekend. I haven't mentioned anything as it's not worth the agony Razz

The Mi-Fi gadget is simple to use - have a look at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

If you buy it new it's £50 with one month's data or £60 with three months. You then top it up for 1, 3 or 12 months as you need to.

A better option however is to buy a second-hand one that has been unlocked to all networks. They pop up regularly on ebay although there is none there at the moment. You then have the option of whichever network has the best value data plans or provides the best coverage in the area you are interested in.

Using them couldn't be simpler. Switch on, wait a few moments while it connects, then your laptop or other device will 'see' the new wireless network that you can click and connect to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 20 Oct 2018, 10:21 pm