Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

naming and flooring!

nade
nade

naming and flooring!

Post by nade on Tue 14 May 2013, 1:48 pm

ok so whats the deal about naming your Dandy? does it have to be a male or female name? or can it be either?!
another question,the flooring, our blue carpet is rather grubby and starting to fray at the wheel arch bit, i quite like the thought of lino, just because its easier to clean having 2 small boys!! do i just put it on top somehow or do i go for carpet tiles on top??
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: naming and flooring!

Post by Helen on Tue 14 May 2013, 3:01 pm

Dandy's can be either male or female, whatever you think suits best Laughing

I have that bit of frayed carpet too, I was going to pull it all off and refit with lino but decided I like something warm for my tootsies when I get up .... we are probably going to take the old carpet out and put another one in .... saying that it's something I've been doing for years and never got around to What a Face
Phoenix
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Tue 14 May 2013, 7:26 pm

nade wrote:ok so whats the deal about naming your Dandy? does it have to be a male or female name? or can it be either?!
another question,the flooring, our blue carpet is rather grubby and starting to fray at the wheel arch bit, i quite like the thought of lino, just because its easier to clean having 2 small boys!! do i just put it on top somehow or do i go for carpet tiles on top??

Whether you decide to go for vinyl or carpet tiles you would be best to take out the old carpet first. It would be too soft for vinyl to go on top of and both vinyl and tiles would creep on top of the old carpet.

Naming is compulsory. lol!
navver

Post by navver on Tue 14 May 2013, 8:40 pm

Ours has wood effect lino with a square of blue carpet which clips in with press studs. That way we can choose depending on the weather.
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 14 May 2013, 9:11 pm

I have 2 Dandys. One is named (sort of) the other isn't. Some insist that it's personally hurtful to the Dandy not to name.

One of the good things about this forum is also one of the bad things. We tend to respond to questions which helps newer members but is time consuming for those posting. Feel free to have a search through the threads. The indexing isn't the best but there is the search facility that may help if you enter the terms you are looking for.
If you're thinking of re flooring the Dandy this is how Carl did his:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Vicky combined Cushionfloor with a carpet on poppers:

Mr and Mrs Phoenix re carpeted their 6. They are hiding their light under a bushel as they sell and fit floor coverings for a living. Always happy to grass you up Mr and mrs P.

Phoenix
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Tue 14 May 2013, 9:46 pm

Thanks for blowing our cover Mr Itch. lol!

We provide a carpet binding service too, but the logistics of getting them to us might not be easy, or cost effective. Smile
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 14 May 2013, 9:52 pm

Phoenix wrote:Thanks for blowing our cover Mr Itch. lol!

We provide a carpet binding service too, but the logistics of getting them to us might not be easy, or cost effective. Smile

Carpet Binding?

BDSM on the sheepskin rug before it's even placed in front of the fire?
Phoenix
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Tue 14 May 2013, 9:58 pm

Tow Itch wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Thanks for blowing our cover Mr Itch. lol!

Carpet Binding?

BDSM on the sheepskin rug before it's even placed in front of the fire?

We were going to say we had a mate with a whipping machine in his spare bedroom. affraid

But decided to leave lowering the tone to you Mr Itch. lol!
peridot
peridot
Dandy Admin

Post by peridot on Tue 14 May 2013, 11:41 pm

On our last Dandy we took up the carpet and put down self-adhesive vinyl tiles onto the base timber floor - got them from the 99p shop Smile

We had intended to box in the wheel arches, but as a temporary measure, covered them in Fablon 'sticky back plastic' in a similar wood grain effect to the flooring. It did such a good job that we never bothered doing anything else with them.

nade
nade

Post by nade on Mon 20 May 2013, 4:50 pm

thanks for all your help again guys!
think we're going to try the wood effect lino and this fablon stuff around the arch and a rug for the winter months Surprised)
just back from another weekend camp..we never seem to be at home now!! took mother for her first dandy trip, and she loves it too.
think we decided on a name "Doris" the other family we go with have a brown n orange dandy wich I love and theres is "Bert" as we always go together we thought Bert&Doris sounded quite cute!!
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 20 May 2013, 8:02 pm

You can call your Dandy what you like but Doris wasn't the first name I thought of to partner Bert.

So you can even have them help you get to the site.

By the way I never believed the rumours.

ChrisP
ChrisP

Replacing Dandy Carpet

Post by ChrisP on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 9:24 pm

I was thinking of cork tiles.....Insulation and easy clean flooring in one hit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 21 Mar 2019, 10:09 am