Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Brown spots on Roof

sunflowergs

Brown spots on Roof

Post by sunflowergs on Sat 18 May 2013, 2:42 pm

Having just spent the last 2 hours cleaning the Roof inside and out (done about 50%) most of the grime and various stains came off using the PVC solvent cleaner,but on the outside of the roof there are lots of small very stubborn little spots which are dark tan in colour and fade to a light tan when rubbed hard with a solvent soaked cloth. I think it might be tree sap that has been there for at least 10yrs,has anyone suffered with a similar problem and did you manage to shift them. Because the roof is insulated,you can't see them from inside the dandy and you probably wouldn't notice them from the ground,but getting rid of them would finish the job off.
ShaunJUK

Re: Brown spots on Roof

Post by ShaunJUK on Sat 18 May 2013, 2:58 pm

sunflowergs wrote:Having just spent the last 2 hours cleaning the Roof inside and out (done about 50%) most of the grime and various stains came off using the PVC solvent cleaner,but on the outside of the roof there are lots of small very stubborn little spots which are dark tan in colour and fade to a light tan when rubbed hard with a solvent soaked cloth. I think it might be tree sap that has been there for at least 10yrs,has anyone suffered with a similar problem and did you manage to shift them. Because the roof is insulated,you can't see them from inside the dandy and you probably wouldn't notice them from the ground,but getting rid of them would finish the job off.

I havent tried it myself yet but I was going to try a bit of spray bleach, i was going to try spraying the patch and leaving it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
alday

Post by alday on Sat 18 May 2013, 4:27 pm

Hi my Dandy was disgusting when i got it covered in spots you are talking about and i found that Cif (Jif) cleaner removed the majority of them.

sunflowergs

Post by sunflowergs on Sat 18 May 2013, 5:22 pm

Cheers Shaun and allday, i will try both options and let you know what happens.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 18 May 2013, 6:33 pm

You do get some stains that just dont come off without causing damage.

mike
jake001

Post by jake001 on Sun 19 May 2013, 1:54 pm

Mine has brown spots, jif (it's very old) shifted some of it but some seems to have dyed the pvc and I think, like Mike that I'll damage the surface by going any further.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:05 am