Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

for sale dandy with awning

mand

for sale dandy with awning

Post by mand on Tue 21 May 2013, 7:31 pm

1980s dandy which will sleep 5 in good condition with awning £750.00
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Re: for sale dandy with awning

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 22 May 2013, 1:05 am

mand wrote:1980s dandy which will sleep 5 in good condition with awning £750.00

Hello "mand"

You have seen this somewhere? You are selling it?

Sorry for the lack of response you caught us on an evening when our attention was elsewhere.

mand

sorry

Post by mand on Wed 22 May 2013, 8:01 am

yes I am selling it
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 22 May 2013, 8:34 am

Hello

Most of us were taken up with an item that we can't talk about for the moment so our attention was a little thin yesterday.

As you may or may not appreciate 80's brown Dandys range from: The older more curved shape with solid plastic sides and the smaller awnings attached with press studs to flaps on the batwings, to. Two colour PVC (brown and white, or coffee) insulated with heaters and the larger awnings that attach to the side boards with bungies.
The first would be unlikely to fetch £750 the latter could be very good value at that price.
Also the unit is now 33 to 24 years old a description of faults, modifications and oddities as well. i.e. some came with a variety of non PVC canvas awnings. You may have installed 240v or 12v electrics.
Pictures. Some say worth a thousand words, a few would help its sale.
Finally you have been a member for 12 months. It's OK that you haven't posted, some people aren't keen but a brief note about what you thought were the good and bad bits about Dandy ownership would help us. We are obviously sold on the virtues as we are keeping ours but a brief note about the downside might help us advise future potential owners. You might thing this is contrary to the point of an ad, but this is a Dandy forum you will always have people interested in Dandys. We just want to take what info we can gain to best advise those interested in the future.

stacy1986

RE:for sale dandy with awning

Post by stacy1986 on Wed 26 Jun 2013, 10:27 pm

hi, just wondering if you still have this trailer. and where are you if we want to see it please.

thank you, Stacy
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 26 Jun 2013, 10:57 pm

stacy1986 wrote:hi, just wondering if you still have this trailer. and where are you if we want to see it please.

thank you, Stacy

Stacey I wouldn't hold your breath for an answer the last time Mand visited was Sept last year [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Have you looked at much? Prices seemed to have died this year. This is as good a Brown 5 as you might see and the price sold for? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
£456.00 Awning Insulated and Heater

What are you looking for?

stacy1986

RE:For sale dandy with awning

Post by stacy1986 on Wed 26 Jun 2013, 11:11 pm

I am looking for a 4-5 berth Dandy any year, preferably with awning.
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Thu 27 Jun 2013, 2:16 pm

stacy1986 wrote:I am looking for a 4-5 berth Dandy any year, preferably with awning.

Stacy I presume that is a Four to Five birth given what you been looking at. Not specifically a 4/5 or 4 1/2 as it is sometimes termed.

Are you mad keen for something now? For holidays this year or something?

My normal advice is to look as much stuff local to you as possible. Especially if it's something that you don't want because you get to appreciate what is right and what is wrong.

Have you read the guide to identification? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mikes guide to buying? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Being keen is good but we want you to get a nice one.

stacy1986

Post by stacy1986 on Thu 27 Jun 2013, 3:21 pm

we are looking for a 4 to 5 birth for holidays, going back to dandy trailers as we now have a tow bar and dog.we used to own a large brown dandy with double beds at either end plus bench seating and the door was in the narrowest sides of the trailer,was kept in excellent condition all original.but my father died and mum wasn't driving at the time, we were cleaning the house out after his death, hospital bed mobility ramps ect, dandy took up half the double garage and rather than not using it. it was sold. we were still grieving (it was very much his), so it was sold on for a steal. we now regret this greatly and would love another one only smaller,we could sleep 6/8 in ours easy with awning.we would prefer to take dog with us when we go anywhere so a dandy would be perfect. (in hindsight we should of kept ours)but didn't work out that way unfortunately.

navver

Post by navver on Thu 27 Jun 2013, 4:29 pm

Hi Stacy, sorry to hear about your father.

I'm struggling to know which Dandy you had.

This gives help with identifying it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Was it a 6 with the beds opening over the front and back and the door in the side.
Was it what we call a rear entry with the door at the back where the back lights are, like a discovery, delta or dart.

How many of you will there be.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 27 Jun 2013, 4:58 pm

Sorry to hear about your Dad Sad

Perhaps a Discovery or a Designer would suit your needs, not as big as a 6 but still great
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Fri 28 Jun 2013, 1:59 pm

Sorry to hear the circumstances that you had to part with your Dandy under.

Good luck in your search for your new one, there is one out there with your name on it and it will find you soon.Very Happy 

What area do you hail from, incase we spot one in your area.
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Fri 28 Jun 2013, 7:05 pm

Don't pay any attention to me

Ah you don't. Thats alright then.

Mand was here on Wednesday I was getting mixed up with Mand48.

Bit obvious really as both Mand's posts have been in May this year. D'oh!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 7:42 pm