Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Hello Im New!

Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Re: Hello Im New!

Post by Phoenix on Tue 04 Jun 2013, 11:51 pm

Mrs P has recovered Phoenix's cushions this weekend, all ready for Woodhall. Very Happy Will put some pics on when she is set up.

When you say service the backlights, do you have a problem?
Are they not working?
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 1:18 am

Holpol wrote:I saw your renovation video on Phoenix, it was fab. Hubby very impressed! We have still got Lady up on the drive, been eating and playing in her all week. New carpet being fitted this week and I've ordered material to recover the cushions, but I'm keeping the originals underneath as I do love them. I'm pretty torn actually between keeping her as she is and updating her, but hubby thinks it will be nice to freshen her up. Towbar went well- all on by hubby! Great stuff! A quick question, does anyone kne how you service the back lights on the trailer? Hubby wants to know. Ta :-)

A quick question, does anyone kne how you service the back lights on the trailer? Hubby wants to know. Ta :-)

Is this last bit a joke at your husbands expense?

If not have you tried the Dandy on someone else's car and/or your newly wired car on someone else's trailer?

Not casting aspersions at the other half's car wiring but it's good to know the car is sound.

What is wrong with the Dandy lights?

Holpol

Post by Holpol on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:08 am

Haha, no but I can see how you would have read it that way! Sorry!

Lights mostly work fine- it's not the towbar wiring as we knew there was a problem with one of the indicators when we picked it up. The chap we bought it off told us and then when we attached it to my brothers trailer on collecting, we saw it too. So it's been tried on others. James thinks its to do with the light cluster, but he doesn't know how to get to the wires through the trailer. We also need to attach a new fog light as there isn't one, so he will need access to wires for that too. Is this going to be a big job? Uh oh! Thanks guys :-)
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 12:47 pm

Holpol wrote:Haha, no but I can see how you would have read it that way! Sorry!

Lights mostly work fine- it's not the towbar wiring as we knew there was a problem with one of the indicators when we picked it up. The chap we bought it off told us and then when we attached it to my brothers trailer on collecting, we saw it too. So it's been tried on others. James thinks its to do with the light cluster, but he doesn't know how to get to the wires through the trailer. We also need to attach a new fog light as there isn't one, so he will need access to wires for that too. Is this going to be a big job? Uh oh! Thanks guys :-)

Your husband is pretty handy if he wired up the tow bar. I presume you are asking about the cable routing? I've not needed to trace through the wiring.

Surprised at no fog lamp trying to look for the year first required. they were an early fitment on Dandys.

I presume your husband has checked for continuity on the indicator cable? Also check for a good earth although a poor earth is more normally recognised as "Disco" lights if the brake and indicator is on.

Last edited by Tow Itch on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 9:22 pm

Check inside the light cluster for good clean connections. Also make sure the wire doesn't have a break in it near the plug where it goes into the car. Give it a wiggle for him as he checks them out. The wire and the lights that is. Laughing

Did it have a fog light before? Are the wires there? On our 6 the lights wiring is sandwiched in between 2 panels from memory and might be difficult to get to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 20 Feb 2018, 3:48 am