Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Stolen Dandy Recovered

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Stolen Dandy Recovered

Post by Helen on Sat 25 May 2013, 6:32 pm

Just to let you all know Caroline has just telephoned and the police now have her Dandy Destiny that was stolen early in March

Thanks to everyone who messaged, the first message came in within half an hour of the Dandy being listed ... we immediately removed the pictures and description so that the seller would not be alerted for fear the Dandy would disappear again and apologise for removing any posts from people on the open forum regarding this.

will post more updates as they come in but the Dandy is now in safe hands. I'm now going to open my wine, just shows forums like ours work and with almost 700 members on here and nearly 100 on facebook it was going to be spotted ....... thank you all once again Dandy Campers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Helen on Tue 28 May 2013, 2:48 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : removed announcement status)
Phoenix
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Re: Stolen Dandy Recovered

Post by Phoenix on Sat 25 May 2013, 7:14 pm

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 25 May 2013, 7:17 pm

I decided to sod the wine and opened up my white rum instead Laughing
sallust70

Thank you to everyone!

Post by sallust70 on Sat 25 May 2013, 7:41 pm

A huge thank you to everyone who helped me get my Dandy back and a special thank you to Helen, your advice and support has been invaluable!

I am a little bit shell shocked as you can imagine and like Helen have started on the wine to celebrate Very Happy

Everyones response has been amazing and it has restored my faith in human nature.

I shall update you when we actually have the Dandy back in our possession - roll on summer!

Caroline
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 25 May 2013, 7:45 pm

Perhaps when you get it back we could meet up somewhere and share the wine, it's been a roller coaster week and we both deserve a little tipple

damn it's been removed from ebay and I so wanted to bid lol!
sallust70

Post by sallust70 on Sat 25 May 2013, 7:58 pm

That sounds like a marvellous idea....
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 25 May 2013, 8:03 pm

Looking forward to it already, if they haven't figured out how to take it down by next Friday we have a meet at Woodhall Spa ..... I'd love to see the head scratching that must be going on Laughing
navver

Post by navver on Sat 25 May 2013, 8:08 pm

Well done everybody, you've all done very, very well. What fantastic news. I think we all felt for you sallust70, when we heard it had been stolen, especially more so when we saw how much hard work had been put in making it so very special. In the end that paid off; because it was so unique, it had to be yours. If it had been standard, perhaps no-one would have noticed it advertised.
The Admiral
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Sat 25 May 2013, 10:09 pm

I'm so pleased it's safe now Caroline and hope you're reunited soon. Now you can look forward to enjoying the rest of the summer.
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sat 25 May 2013, 10:43 pm

I am so pleased for you Caroline. Though knowing things should be happening today I was not counting any chickens before they were hatched.
If you would like to tell your tale of frustrations, final satisfaction and the part the two police forces had played I for one would be interested. It's seemed closer to three months than three days since Tuesday.
Eilis
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Sat 25 May 2013, 11:00 pm

Really pleased this has such a happy ending
peridot
peridot
Dandy Admin

Post by peridot on Sat 25 May 2013, 11:34 pm

Brilliant news.

Well done Helen, and everyone else who helped in the recovery cheers

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 26 May 2013, 3:58 am

hope you are reunited soon,it surprised me how long it was on with no bids,did every know something the seller didn't lol!
ShaunJUK
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK on Sun 26 May 2013, 8:04 am

I did notice that he changed the listing towards the end to say he had replaced the bottom section of door, I hope he has done this properly.

We should also feel a bit sorry for the seller as I am guessing he bought it and didn't steal it and is therefore out of pocket.

I could pick it up and tow it to woodhall if you want to join us at the meet Caroline Smile
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 26 May 2013, 8:15 pm

ShaunJUK wrote:I did notice that he changed the listing towards the end to say he had replaced the bottom section of door, I hope he has done this properly.

We should also feel a bit sorry for the seller as I am guessing he bought it and didn't steal it and is therefore out of pocket.

I could pick it up and tow it to woodhall if you want to join us at the meet Caroline Smile

Not wanting to get into any possible slanderous statements here so all I will say to you Shaun is that your charity is to be commended. Also I will be bringing a handful of "Magic Beans" to Woodhall that I would gladly swap for your Dandy a cow or any other similar items.

Just had a bit of a think. How is the Dandy being recovered and where is it being stored? After being asked not to go to Lincolnshire yourself you don't want stinging from the police for this sort of charge: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
1) The dandy is not a motor vehicle.
2) Not sure but it might be that the innocent owners of stolen goods are not liable.

Not all the thieves wear striped jumpers.

Last edited by Tow Itch on Sun 26 May 2013, 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard on Sun 26 May 2013, 8:44 pm

Excellent news, did they get the b*****s who took it Pete. Smile
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 26 May 2013, 9:23 pm

There's still some sorting out to do with the insurance company, the police do charge storage costs ...... when our car ended up in London it cost an absolute fortune in storage costs even though we couldn't have it back until forensics had finished with it as it had been involved in an armed raid so all the time they wouldn't release it the bill for the insurance company was adding up ..... made no sense, they wouldn't hand it over but charged daily for storage!
navver

Post by navver on Sun 26 May 2013, 11:23 pm

Many years ago when I was a lad, a friend of mine had his mini stolen a week after he bought it. The police found it but 3 years later he was still waiting to get it back from them because it was evidence in a large car ring case. Insurance wouldn't give him anything because it had been found. I lost touch before he got it back if ever.
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 27 May 2013, 12:19 am

I know of someone who had his motorcycle "Recovered" from within a few yards of his house who got the fees cancelled. Unfortunately the thread I posted didn't finish but the first piece is about being charged fees when you can't recover it so fees should only be after release. Secondly fees were allowed for vehicles seized with no tax or insurance but there are questions about charges on innocent victims. Yes I know the insurance companies pay but why is still a suitable question. Thirdly it's not a motor vehicle so the laws applying to motor vehicles don't apply anyway. It won't stop the police telling you it's policy but policy doesn't mean legal.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 27 May 2013, 9:42 am

I think at the moment it may be best not to speculate ...... we should simply celebrate the fact that the Dandy has been found, is now in safe hands and no one else will become a victim by unwittingly buying a stolen Dandy.

I'm sure Caroline will let us all know the eventual outcome.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 27 May 2013, 3:24 pm

Carolines been in touch and she should be in possession of the Dandy tomorrow and I'm sure the rest will sort itself out. If she can manage it she would like to go to the Woodhall meet ....... if she does please don't message to report a stolen dandy is at Woodhall Spa lol!

Rik Shaw
Rik Shaw

Stolen Dandy Recovered

Post by Rik Shaw on Mon 27 May 2013, 4:48 pm

excellent news.

Well done Helen, and everyone else on the recovery work involved..

what a helpful forum this is.

Rik.
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 28 May 2013, 2:42 pm

I think the top and bottom of it is that the whole camping community are a fine bunch of people happy to help anyone when they can, this was posted all over the Internet by various groups. Credit should go to everyone who took the time to read about it, remember it and then report it and to the police involved in it's recovery. It was astounding how many messages we had, not only members but none members too. I do love this forum though and your right it's members are a very helpful friendly bunch I love you
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 06 Jun 2013, 9:12 am

Caroline has her Dandy but won't be attending Woodhall ...... it's in a right old state and needs lots of repairs Crying or Very sad
Jennywren

Post by Jennywren on Thu 06 Jun 2013, 11:21 am

I was So pleased to hear Caroline's Dandy had been found and recovered.............BUT so SORRY to hear that it has been so badly treated.............it must be VERY DISTRESSING makes me feel tearful thinking of it....my heart goes out to you Caroline

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 21 Mar 2019, 10:03 am