Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Last Minute Dandy Trip - Success or Disaster?

ShaunJUK

Last Minute Dandy Trip - Success or Disaster?

Post by ShaunJUK on Tue 28 May 2013, 5:08 pm

Well after waking up to blazing sunshine on Saturday we looked at each other and asked the obvious question. Why are we sat at home doing nothing when we have the Dandy in the garage?

A moment of ringing around and we found 2 sites who could accommodate us, the Wagon and Horses in South Reston, we had stayed here before but we were taking this kids so at £10.50 a night plus £3 per person this would be £22.50 a night, not bad for a bank holiday but the facilities are basic, for 2 of us the price is ok but for 4 it was still a bit expensive.

We then had a call back from a little site in Misterton, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] they had been let down and had a cancellation and we could have that pitch, even better just £11 a night, HOWEVER they had no toilet or shower facilities. We left them hanging on the phone, this was a big decision for us, and we have never not had the luxury of a toilet and shower! We went for it and told them we were on our way, we had our Thetford Porta Potti in the dandy (the one that fits when it’s all folded down as recommended on here) so how bad would it be?

As it happens there are facilities if you look for them, the dandy toilet was strictly number 1's only but just a short 5 minute walk from the site was the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], perfect for the daily number 2 trip and a couple of pints whilst your there, we never ate there but the food looked good and they did a Sunday Carvery (we will remember that for next time!).

We also got a shower on Sunday morning by driving 10 minutes up the road to Epworth Leisure Centre where we had a morning swim and a shower.

But what about the site I hear you ask, well the site was lovely, large flat field for about 40 units, they were all mainly Caravans, a couple of tents and a Dandy Smile, the owners were out but left us a little message on a board telling us where our pitch was and that they would see us later. Our concerns at first where that it was a lot bigger than we expected and was concerned about the noise levels. There was the usual talking and getting drunk behaviour but by 10pm it was silent, a great night’s sleep and woken the next morning only by the Cockerel.

So all in all a great site which we will definitely be visiting again and at £11 a night I can see us just driving out for just 1 night!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: Last Minute Dandy Trip - Success or Disaster?

Post by Helen on Tue 28 May 2013, 5:38 pm

Looks lovely, I've just seen this on there web page ...... sounds fantastic and a really reasonable price too

PARTY ON THE FIELD SATURDAY 20TH JULY. £15 A NIGHT FOR CAMPING, ELECTRIC AND AT LEAST 6 LOCAL BANDS . PLEASE BOOK EARLY.

ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK on Tue 28 May 2013, 6:10 pm

Helen wrote:Looks lovely, I've just seen this on there web page ...... sounds fantastic and a really reasonable price too

PARTY ON THE FIELD SATURDAY 20TH JULY. £15 A NIGHT FOR CAMPING, ELECTRIC AND AT LEAST 6 LOCAL BANDS . PLEASE BOOK EARLY.

Yes I just saw that......tempting
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Tue 28 May 2013, 7:54 pm

Glad you had a good time Shaun and co. Smile

The last minute spontaneous things usually turn out to be the best ones.

fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard on Wed 29 May 2013, 12:11 pm

Its nice to see where other people camp.
I posted the other day about going to wolvey campsite at £16 pounds a night plus poss £1.50 extra for an awning, so i asked if there would be a discount if i booked seven nights, no that was the price.
So i have booked seven nights at Kendeline Field Farm Campsite for seven nights at £11 a night including 6 amp EHU.
Its a certificated site through caravan and camping club and has good reviews.
Will put pics up when i get back. Pete Smile

fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard on Wed 29 May 2013, 12:35 pm

Just found some pics on the net, looks great. Pete

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 17 Jan 2018, 9:16 am