Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Alko 60s tow hitch HELP

tomt

Alko 60s tow hitch HELP

Post by tomt on Tue 28 May 2013, 9:16 pm

Has anyone fitted one, just bought one from Ian @ RIVA. Can someone point me in the direction of correct fitment. It is the whole coupling inc. handbrake etc..
Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: Alko 60s tow hitch HELP

Post by Helen on Tue 28 May 2013, 9:33 pm

,I'm sure someone will be along to help you shortly, we do have some people with technical knowledge ...... bet they are all watching Coronation street lol!

navver

Post by navver on Tue 28 May 2013, 9:54 pm

I have the 60S on my designer and took it apart yesterday. Is it all in one piece or in pieces. If it's in one piece it bolts on with 4 bolts with nyloc nuts. The handbrake rod attaches at the bottom.
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 28 May 2013, 11:58 pm

tomt wrote:Has anyone fitted one, just bought one from Ian @ RIVA. Can someone point me in the direction of correct fitment. It is the whole coupling inc. handbrake etc..

I can't imagine that many people have, I can understand replacing components: The hitch because it has worn. The damper because it is no longer resistive. The plastic collar because it has swollen and you didn't want to sand or shave it down. A complete delta coupling, why?
What happened that you needed a complete coupling?
Indeed as you don't seem to know what you are expecting what did you intend to fix by ordering it?

Not wanting to take the rip but the more you tell us the more help we can be.

A 60s coupling for sale [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] So it looks like you get everything up to the spring energy store.

Found this while searching. Some pages missing but quite useful: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

navver

Post by navver on Wed 29 May 2013, 9:26 am

That picture is different to mine. The bolt at the back should be a nut with the bolt pointing upwards. Maybe a design change.
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 29 May 2013, 12:06 pm

navver wrote:That picture is different to mine. The bolt at the back should be a nut with the bolt pointing upwards. Maybe a design change.

That is true but it is a mark 3 Version.
If you look on page 39 of the brochure mentioned above [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It will show your nut and bolt arrangement Bolt 39 and nut 14.
I thought the brochure would in particular appeal to you.

navver

Post by navver on Wed 29 May 2013, 7:21 pm

That's a useful document. Did you know there is a wear indicator built into the coupling head which indicates whether the towball or head is worn. When the trailer is uncoupled, there is a red flag below the handle. When the trialer is coupled, the flag comes out a bit further and should show green indicating the towball or head is not worn. If worn it will show red only and the trailer is in danger of becoming uncoupled.

jake001

Post by jake001 on Wed 29 May 2013, 11:27 pm

navver wrote:That's a useful document. Did you know there is a wear indicator built into the coupling head which indicates whether the towball or head is worn. When the trailer is uncoupled, there is a red flag below the handle. When the trialer is coupled, the flag comes out a bit further and should show green indicating the towball or head is not worn. If worn it will show red only and the trailer is in danger of becoming uncoupled.

Only on the newer ones (not mine Crying or Very sad )

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 26 Jul 2017, 7:51 am