Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Bit of a rumble

Helen
Dandy Owner

Bit of a rumble

Post by Helen on Wed 29 May 2013, 8:18 am

There's been a bit of a rumble along the Welsh Coast, an earthquake the epicentre believed to be just off the coast at LLEYN PENIN,NW WALES

This is interesting, we do get quite a lot of small quakes in the uk, I found this that shows the more significant ones and LLEYN PENIN,NW WALES also appears on this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

These are the smaller ones for the past 50 days .... it looks like earthquakes in the UK are not an unusual occurance, we only know about them when they hit a magnitude we can feel.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

mike
Dandy Owner

Re: Bit of a rumble

Post by mike on Wed 29 May 2013, 1:35 pm

We had one a while back in the middle of the night,shook the windows and me lol!
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Wed 29 May 2013, 8:43 pm

There was one about 4 years ago, don't know if was the same one Mike. The coffee table shook and the wine in the glass was swaying. I thought my old GSD had knocked the table, then realized he wasn't in the room. It was on the radio the next morning and I said to Mrs P I felt that, did the earth move for you too!!! lol!

navver

Post by navver on Wed 29 May 2013, 9:02 pm

We had one in the office, probably 1985. I saw the wall wobble as if someone had fallen against a flimsy hardboard partition. Seconds later it dawned on me it was a blockwork wall and couldn't move, but it did. The quake was on that nights news.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 29 May 2013, 9:50 pm

Felt one once a few years ago, I was stood against the doorframe in the house and felt the floor move ..... didn't know what it was until we heard on the news the following day ....... apparently there was another bigger one overnight that woke people up but I was zonked and missed it Twisted Evil

There were a spate of them in this area over a few weeks but most were very small.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 17 Nov 2018, 8:02 pm