Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

What should be serviced?

kimmieto

What should be serviced?

Post by kimmieto on Wed 29 May 2013, 1:15 pm

Our Dandy has not been used since June 2008 due to health issues. Its been parked up in my parents garden all that time, never moved. We are gradually getting it tidied up over time to start using it again. Its an 1980's one (brown and cream) and as far as we know, although we have owned it since 1994 it has never had a 'full' service.

We have one flat tyre so obviously need to sort new tyres out, but will be getting a mobile caravan servicer in to have a go at it. What should we ask him to check and service? Is a caravan servicer the best person to deal with this? OH is not up to doing it himself (known as Disaster It Yourself).

Question

Thanks.

mike
Dandy Owner

Re: What should be serviced?

Post by mike on Wed 29 May 2013, 1:41 pm

I would say the caravan guy is the right person,its basicly every thing to do with the running gear brakes,bearings,hitch ect but he should know all this,if you have the underfloor heater he may be able to check that also

mike
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 29 May 2013, 2:43 pm

The heater is the only item you need a caravan service person for and I say that with some issues. How are they qualified to service the Riviera heater and have they ever seen one before? See the end of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for what I'm getting at.

For the Dandy it may be much cheaper to use a trailer service person. I can't believe we don't have a copy here but there is a guide to servicing within the Dandy Owners Club's Yahoo Group. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It's one of the excellent pieces within their file section. Alas it's a word document so I couldn't copy it.

Last edited by Tow Itch on Wed 29 May 2013, 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK on Wed 29 May 2013, 6:47 pm

Tow Itch wrote: The hater is the only item you need a caravan service person for and I say that with some issues. How are they qualified to service the Riviera heater and have they ever seen one before? See the end of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for what I'm getting at.

For the Dandy it may be much cheaper to use a trailer service person. I can't believe we don't have a copy here but there is a guide to servicing within the Dandy Owners Club's Yahoo Group. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It's one of the excellent pieces within their file section. Alas it's a word document so I couldn't copy it.

I had a copy so I have put them on the facebook page

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 29 May 2013, 8:08 pm

ShaunJUK wrote:
Tow Itch wrote: The heater is the only item you need a caravan service person for and I say that with some issues. How are they qualified to service the Riviera heater and have they ever seen one before? See the end of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for what I'm getting at.

I had a copy so I have put them on the facebook page

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A cracking way to store all the instruction leaflets.
Were you thinking that I meant the guide on how to set the brakes? The piece I meant to refer to is a rather more prosaic piece that starts with greasing the hitch and nipples on the coupling and goes through the brakes and bearings without actually describing how to do anything in detail.
ShaunJUK

Post by ShaunJUK on Thu 30 May 2013, 9:29 pm

Are you offering to grease my nipples?
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Fri 31 May 2013, 1:28 am

ShaunJUK wrote:Are you offering to grease my nipples?

See you next weekend sweetie. Would have thought you'd be busy enough with your big night at the cinema!

kimmieto

Thanks

Post by kimmieto on Fri 31 May 2013, 4:00 pm

I will download and print that and then find out who can do it. We have a couple of trailer dealers around here.

We have the underfloor heater but stopped using it. Because it was underfloor. Was worried about one of the boys standing on it when they were little. Never got round to needing to invest in another type of heater.

Kind regards, Kim

Last edited by kimmieto on Fri 31 May 2013, 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added paragraph)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content