Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Who was that?

sunflowergs

Who was that?

Post by sunflowergs on Sun 23 Jun 2013, 8:48 pm

We went to a site near Llandudno this weekend,on the way there travelling on the A55 on friday about 5.15ish we witnessed a strange happening. A dark blue jaguar travelling in a hurry passed us towing a 90s Dandy designer or disco. This is our first sighting of a dandy whilst on the road and wondered wether it belonged to a fellow Dandycamper?
Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: Who was that?

Post by Helen on Mon 24 Jun 2013, 8:29 am

Hi, we took our Dandy but that was the weekend before and we don't have a jaguar What a Face

what site did you go to ?

sunflowergs

Post by sunflowergs on Mon 24 Jun 2013, 1:07 pm

Hi Helen, we went to Tan y Bryn which is situated high up in the hills above Penryn. Infact we headed 
down a very narrow and steep road towards Penryn and came upon Dinarth Hall campsite. 
    Tan y Bryn is a working farm with three fields for camping, its facilities are basic but clean. 2 nights for 2 adults and 3 kids plus ehu worked out at £34,which is reasonable. Would we return again? probably not. One field is for caravans and is reasonably level, the other two are for trailers,tents and motor homes and there is not much level ground, great views though. This site was given top reviews on uk campsite which is why we went,personally i would give it a moderate rating.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:24 pm

I know the site, the views are excellent but that narrow road and steep hill put us off towing ..... no chance of flooding up there though Laughing

The price was fairly good compared to what it would have cost you at Dinarth hall ....... it also has dated facilities. How did you cope with the weather over the weekend ?

sunflowergs

Post by sunflowergs on Mon 24 Jun 2013, 10:06 pm

We were quite lucky with the weather,friday afternoon and all day saturday it was sunny and reasonably warm,but there was a stiff breeze that cooled things down a bit. We spent all day at the beach in Llandudno on saturday and had a barbeque back at the site in the evening. But around 8pm the skies grew darker and the wind got stronger and eventually it poured down with strong gusts. Fortuately i had tied guy ropes to the awning and pegged them down well. 
            I was dreading packing up on sunday as it had been raining all night, but we got lucky again and the rain held off just long enough for us to get packed up and away before it started again.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 24 Jun 2013, 10:34 pm

I wish we'd known you were there, along the steep road you came down there is a row of three bungalows on the left hand side ...... Saturday evening we spent there having an Indian with a Welsh couple we've got to know over the years, It would have been lovely to come and say hello. I take my hat off to you managing to get your Dandy down in those winds. 

sunflowergs

Post by sunflowergs on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 10:06 pm

Packing away on a windy day is a real pain. Between me,fatima and our 10yr old son adam we managed to get it all down and folded away without too much trouble, think we lost the roof once but overall our dandy dismantling skills are slowly improving.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 19 Dec 2018, 11:36 am