Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

AT LAST I HAVE MY DANDY

Jennywren

AT LAST I HAVE MY DANDY

Post by Jennywren on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 4:06 am

Hi folks Very Happy

At Last I have MY DANDY DART and I Love it........[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]..[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Haven't slept in it yet..........
we just towed it 240miles home from Northumberland  it tows beautifully well & is just the right size for my liittle van...We are a Bit peeved that commitments back home meant we couldn't dally Up country but we did have a night on a campsite on the way up and on the way home.Chester-le-Street & Bedale respectively. Two little cheapy stopovers suits us fine. I keep looking out of my window to convince myself I really DO have A DANDY! we have called her TessieBob in memory of our little dog who died in 1999. She is 1995 blue & white, winterised and has a heater the upholstery is very good we have an awning not dandy but thats Ok as I think that would have been too heavy for me on my own.
I have been looking for MY Dandy for 6months nearly as long as a pregnancy! We have a good weather forcast and we hope to get  TessieBob out on our plot and sleep out as a "try out" during the week..........I'm all excited.......They were nice folks and they have a BIG Dandy now.They showed us how to set Dandy up.  I found TessieBob through THIS forum So THANK YOU one and all[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]for the wealth of information and encouragement
mike
Dandy Owner

Re: AT LAST I HAVE MY DANDY

Post by mike on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 6:06 am

on your dandy

Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 8:04 am

Your Dandy has finally arrived and it sounds lovely, it is really exciting waiting for your first camp.  They tow very well, you hardly know they're there 
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 9:12 am

Congratulations.

I am certain that you are happy that a Dandy is what you want but it's comforting that you know the reason for it's sale.

Unless we have had recent correspondence I forget who people are so I often scan their previous posts to bring me up to speed.
 So from those:
I know you're not always in the best of health how did you get on erecting the Dandy?
What is your van you are so fond of? I can't imagine any van having a problem towing any Dandy.
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 9:20 am

half the fun of a Dandy is making her your own with little bits and peices you find when you walk around shops it's all " that will look nice in the Dandy!" and you can never have to many cushions:rolf:

navver

Post by navver on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 10:39 am

Congratulations.

Could I guess it's this one. It certainly looks good and even though they are the smallest, it's amzing just how much room there is in them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jennywren

Thank you for ALL your congratulations

Post by Jennywren on Thu 27 Jun 2013, 1:11 pm

Thank You all for your Congrats

Thanks Helen I missed the west Yorkshire one on ebay by a tenner and a few seconds! But that the "game " isn't it. Not a game I enjoy. "Buy it now" or classified ads are my prefered options. Sale room auctions Ok for me too. I DO like to see before I buy! TessieBob was my sort of deal, even If I did think West Yorkshire was a long way turned out Northumberland was/is even further just wish we could have stayed on for a while!

WE are childminding whilst My daughter and partener go to Glastonbury, Its their one time alone together in the year. Usually Nanny from Kent comes to look out for younguns but she has to work today so I'm covering the 1st 24hrs. It's her special annual time with them as I live nearer. I did hope I would get a call to say she was able to shift work schedule and we could stay on up North. Oh well a promise is a promise so here I am.

Does anyone know if the Ebay/Yorkshire dandy went to anyone on the forum????? I have got a sneeking fancy for the "dandy" Step(as in that ebay photo) are there any others about I might like to buy one of those. I think I read somewhere on the forum that someone was lead by the idea of a table when buying a dandy.

Thanks Caz1960.. I feel a sewing urge coming on perhaps Bunting and cushion covers. I have got a little sewing machine I could take in the Dandy (there filling it up all ready!

Thanks Mike for your congrats

YES Navver that's the one

PLEASE can anyone advise me on wheel clamps?the one I have tried is supposed to be suitable for 10" wheel and the hub housing the bearing stands proud and it cannot be fitted. Brand Streetwize

Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 27 Jun 2013, 1:36 pm

That step is great, perhaps they had it custom made or even made it themselves ..... you can see the step we're on about if you click the link below

Jennywren

Post by Jennywren on Thu 27 Jun 2013, 1:52 pm

'im indoors said he would make me one! ( he isn't indoors much of the time at all actually, just a turn of phrase! thanks for link to pic

AND he now thinks the Dandy was his idea! Great! bonding going well he's been checking and greasing bearings. and tyeing it down so it doesn't get pinched.

Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Thu 27 Jun 2013, 2:00 pm

Helen wrote:That step is great, perhaps they had it custom made or even made it themselves ..... you can see the step we're on about if you click the link below

Three pieces of ply and two pieces of batten to allow screws to form a joint. If there was a stay at the bottom and strong hinges were subbed for the 2 battens it would fold flat. Ah if hinges used then battens are required to be screwed into the top of the step to stop it lozenging (forming a trapezium) under weight.

Jennywren

Post by Jennywren on Thu 27 Jun 2013, 2:03 pm

great stuff ta (better walk dog before schools out!).
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Fri 28 Jun 2013, 2:11 pm

Sorry for the late reply, but

Your Dandy has found you.bounce bounce bounce 

Thought it was your other half's idea. 

We made a step up for our 6 but didn't take a picture of it. 
We made it so it is a step when set up on site, but can be used upside down as a storage tray when travelling.

Jennywren

HI Phoenix

Post by Jennywren on Mon 01 Jul 2013, 11:08 pm

No apology needed.

Only just seen this posting as I HAVE BEEN DANDY CAMPING!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 nights "on the Plot"very near home.

We have practised Setting Up, Brewing Up, Bedding Down and Packing Up!

They call it staycation don't they? we had several visitors to look at our "new baby"

We have found a wheelclamp to fit, played with a bit of cif, and I'll definately need a step up stool for setting up. I think we have found one that will serve dual purpose and 'im says he'll make me a wooden one in due course. We've packed up ready for take off this month.

HEYHO HEYHO DANDY CAMPING, DANDY CAMPING,HEYHO CAMPING IN A DANDY
sung to the tune of Donkey Riding

(tried to put in the Emoticons but they didn't happen sometimes they work for me and sometimes not. Dunno why.

Last edited by Jennywren on Mon 01 Jul 2013, 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : piccys didn't appen)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 23 May 2018, 2:02 am