Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Hi from a very excited newbie dandy owner

family_of_3

Hi from a very excited newbie dandy owner

Post by family_of_3 on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 10:01 pm

Hellooooo,

Thought I would say hi. My name is deb and tonight My husband, 3 year old daughter and I went to look at a dandy delta. Needless to say we fell in love! Paid our deposit and the lovely people who sold it to us are dropping it off tomorrow. Wooohooo..

We cant wait to use it Smile I have loved dandys all of my life!! Seriously, I grew up in orrell and went to school on the same road dandy was. I think my dad may have known someone there as we use to always go in and I loved it, always imagined having one and now (tomorrow) I will. I cant tell you how excited I am. I could burst Smile

I will probably be on here in my spare time now so will look forward to chatting to you all Smile
Esermalda

Re: Hi from a very excited newbie dandy owner

Post by Esermalda on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 10:18 pm

hi Deb and family. Congratulations.
Essie

navver

Post by navver on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 10:24 pm

Hi Deb, a very warm welcome to the forum and glad to hear your brilliant news. You sound as if you're pleased.

Is this the first one you've ever had. I guess you must have to get a tow bar fitted, else you would have towed it home.

When's the first trip planned for.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 10:25 pm

and   on your dandy purchase
family_of_3

Post by family_of_3 on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 10:45 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome Smile

This is our first dandy, we have only ever had a tent before. We are planning on going away next weekend if it stays nice. Not sure where exactly yet. Maybe park foot in the lakes. Im frantically looking for a tow bar now.lol

Anywhere you guys would recommend for families?

Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 10:57 pm

Hello and  family_of_3

It sounds like you have got your Dandy Grin.Very Happy Its contagious you know.lol! 
Glad your Dandy has found you. 

Have a look through the site reviews thread, or we are sure someone will recommend a site for you to visit. How far do you wish to travel? Any areas in particular you would like to visit?
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 06 Jul 2013, 7:51 am

Hi Deb, welcome and congratulations ....... Your little one will love the Dandy, you all will but she's going to think it's an extra special Wendy house Laughing 
family_of_3

Post by family_of_3 on Sun 07 Jul 2013, 11:26 am

Helen wrote:Hi Deb, welcome and congratulations ....... Your little one will love the Dandy, you all will but she's going to think it's an extra special Wendy house Laughing 

She already does and has packed herself a little hanging net bag full of goodies, colours, books, teddies.lol.

I think out of us all I am easy the most excited. I some how managed to set it up on my mums drive by myself and spent the whole day cleaning it. Also I think I may have convinced hubby to take us to riverside at southport this evening (tow bar is being fitted as I type). Yey!!

We work for ourselves so cant go for a week at a time but we do have every Sunday & Monday off so they are going to be our dandy days from now on. Set off saturday evening come back monday evening Smile For the time being we will probably just go anywhere within a 3hr drive from wigan.

Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Sun 07 Jul 2013, 11:46 am

glad to hear that I'm not the only one that gets a dandy and forget the tow bar have a great time as the weather is now with us but don't forget this pictures as we love pictures  
family_of_3

Post by family_of_3 on Sun 07 Jul 2013, 2:13 pm

LOL. We wouldnt be getting very far with out it would we. Embarassed 

Ooooh and there will be lots of pictures Smile I cant wait to get in it and make it my own!! Excited!!!!!! 

Jennywren

Post by Jennywren on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 12:45 am

Deb and family

we are new excited Dandy owners too:Dandy Dart blue.
we have slept a weekend at home and looking forward to a longer holiday very soon.
We know it tows well cos we towed it home from Nortumberland to East Anglia!.

Very Happy
family_of_3

Post by family_of_3 on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 10:13 pm

You have had plenty of practice towing it then.lol.

We didn't manage to get away the other evening but I have booked this weekend away. Woohooo!

We decided we are going to go to riverside at southport as it isnt to far from wigan and we can get there without going on the motorway. Give hubby time to get use to towing Smile It looks good, indoor swimming pool, electric hook up, showers, toilets, shop, Club (with kids entertainment), cafe etc.. There is even a farm around the corner to take our daughter to Smile

We are going to set up our dandy (who our daughter has named Tony) on wednesday and sort out everything, dont want to forget anything but sure we will.lol.

Cant wait!!!    

navver

Post by navver on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 10:29 pm

It's worth watching this video a few times to see how to set up and take down.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
family_of_3

Post by family_of_3 on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 9:55 am

Thank you very much navver!!! Very Happy 

navver

Post by navver on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 10:35 am

I still watch that video, hoping that one day I'll be as proficient. The young chap is Ian and he probably holds the world record for having erected the most Dandies and the most times as well by a long way.

They do make it look easy, but whenever I do it I always get something in the wrong order.
family_of_3

Post by family_of_3 on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 10:53 am

hahaha... I didnt even realize that was Ian and I only visited him yesterday. Laughing

They do make it look soooo easy dont they, I somehow managed to put ours up on my own when it arrived from old typed up instructions that the previous owners gave to us. It took alot longer that the vidio but I managed it and I am a 5ft 4 female who is anything but strong and I actually did it!! That just goes to show how great Dandys are.

Ian was great yesterday! He sorted us out with the hinges and rivets that we needed to replace after my mum broke the origanal ones. He even gave us laminated picture instructions for putting up the Dandy and awning. Plus advice on other things (it was Ian I spoke to about insulating bed panals). He also said they do part-ex so if the time comes that we want to upgrade our Delta we just have to nip down to him Smile

Very glad he is only 25 mins away from us Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 25 Apr 2018, 1:57 am