Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Very quiet

mike
Dandy Owner

Very quiet

Post by mike on Sat 20 Jul 2013, 4:35 am

On here that is,i hope this means members are out and about making the most of this weather i know i am.Winter is only around the corner affraid so make hay while the sun shines as they say.

mike
Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: Very quiet

Post by Helen on Tue 23 Jul 2013, 2:17 pm

I'm making the most of it and don't fancy going home while it's this warm Very Happy 

On another note, my 3 way fridge seems to be playing up ..... we moved pitches a few days ago and up to then it was working great, now it isn't and we've even had a spirit level on top to make sure it's level, you can feel heat on the outside from the section towards the rear so something is happening but it's just not getting cold inside scratch
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Tue 23 Jul 2013, 2:40 pm

Helen wrote:I'm making the most of it and don't fancy going home while it's this warm Very Happy 

On another note, my 3 way fridge seems to be playing up ..... we moved pitches a few days ago and up to then it was working great, now it isn't and we've even had a spirit level on top to make sure it's level, you can feel heat on the outside from the section towards the rear so something is happening but it's just not getting cold inside scratch

Is it just too hot for it.

mike

navver

Post by navver on Tue 23 Jul 2013, 3:13 pm

The bit at the back where the heat comes out needs to be clear so air can circulate

Is the door jammed open a bit or the seal gone a bit.
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:19 pm

John does tech so I'm feared to state the obvious but have you turned the spirit level through 180 degrees?

Most spirit levels are pants if you have a level fridge and then turn the spirit level round and suddenly it's not level then the bulb in the level has moved. You have to move the level both ways round and split the difference in the readings. If John is posh and has a Stabila level ignore what I said it will be right or if by some miracle it's not they will replace it.

If all else fails switch the fridge off leave for a while then turn upside down give a good shake leave for an hour or so turn right way up level leave for an hour then fire up again.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 24 Jul 2013, 7:36 pm

I thought it may be the extreme heat but it's not, I've turned it off now as it wasn't even cooling at night when it's cooler.  It is very level and has air circulating so I'm going to try what Kevin suggested and give it a bit of a shake up by leaving upside down and try it again tomorrow. thanks for all the suggestions we are baffled with it.

I heard it gurgle when it was turned upside down, I'll let you know if it works tomorrow
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 24 Jul 2013, 8:21 pm

Had someone laugh at me today when I said we have a Dandy, they owned one and used it for one night then sold it to Ian at Riva and went and spent £4000 on a camplet trailer tent. The lady said they're ugly, antiquated and uncomfortable affraid  and couldn't understand why I love them so much ........ well they go home tomorrow I wonder if they'll get away dry   
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 24 Jul 2013, 11:58 pm

I wonder if the 4K was a refund from the finishing school or if the salary is so good working diplomatic service. Even I might show a bit more than tact than she had.
If it rains as she is packing up don't forget to compliment her and say how lucky she is to have a garden large enough to erect the Camplet in.
I'd accept gracefully that the Dandy does look a bit antiquated and that this will only become more pronounced over the next 20 years or so. Whereas she will have been fortunate enough to have had 2 or 3 new campers in that time period.

The shake is while upside down.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 25 Jul 2013, 9:47 am

I did try to be diplomatic and say that they're not everyone's cup of tea and each to their own but it was as though they wanted me to agree with them and say I'm going to rush out and spend a silly amount of money on a camplet. I don't put down anyone else's preference when it comes to trailer tents or camping, but these two also slated the people on a pitch lower down for having a pennine fiesta, it seems if you don't agree with them and I quote "your just sad". Well it rained heavy last night and we keep getting showers and they are at present trying to get the camper dry to drop it Twisted Evil 

my fridge is plugged in now but still not working, we didn't shake it though and just left it upside down for a while so will give it another go with a good shake this time. Rolling Eyes 
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 25 Jul 2013, 9:59 am

My 3G is playing up again but I managed to find a virgin connection so am using that, I assume it's from one of the houses near by Laughing 
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 25 Jul 2013, 2:01 pm

Thanks to you lot my 3 way fridge didn't end up in the bins, it's working again now so no more warm cider for me   

perhaps we should put some information regarding the inverting and giving a shake method on another thread

navver

Post by navver on Thu 25 Jul 2013, 2:12 pm

At least they're keeping the british economy going. What do Dandy owners do for it, keepin' 'em going for 40 years and more. No wonder the factory had to close.

That sounds good advice about the fridge. I hadn't realised that but it does make sense as they rely on the refrigerant circulating and they can easily form air locks.

Don't forget to warn them to take the unset jelly out first before turning upside down & shaking.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 25 Jul 2013, 2:30 pm

Or the beers as ours was rather heavy What a Face 

I couldn't really car less if people don't like my Dandy, we're happy with it and always comfortable and that's all that really counts  

I just found it rather rude that someone would slate something you have ...... for no particular reason, I'm happy to discuss why I like them and listen to the merits of the alternatives but object to being called sad because I happen to prefer a Dandy to any other type of trailer. In all the years we've had our Dandy, we've had some strange looks but also some admiring glances ........ this was the first time someone has so strongly expressed a negative view or been downright rude affraid affraid affraid 

Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Thu 25 Jul 2013, 6:16 pm

Claimed 1 cold bottle of cider or glass of chilled white wine come August.

How unusual, to camp in North Wales and someone beat the locals in the rude and offensive stakes. I'd have a word with the site owners I think there is a bye law that no one is allowed to be more rude than the natives.

I think you will just have to accept that she is so obviously right and you are wrong. You fail to appreciate that while you can say. "My Dandy is wonderful because of X, Y and Z but oh it's a bloody weight to set up." She has no one to express the joys and frustrations of Camplet ownership to. It took you and 4 others how long to set up the Dandy Campers as a forum? (Admittedly you did have form) The struggles Camplet owners have had to set up a forum: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Camplet such a guilty secret owners can't even talk about it!

Well they can they have founded a subsection of the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

By The Way Don't Ask. "Have You Bent The Kitchen Pole Yet"  

You need to own more odd things. Owning several MZ's I expect abuse.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 26 Jul 2013, 10:22 am

Ha ha ha, all I know is they were arguing more than me and John when setting up and they had to take it home damp Twisted Evil 

I'll make sure there's a cold beverage waiting for you when you arrive  
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Fri 26 Jul 2013, 12:50 pm

with those sort of people are never happy and think that they always get the best but I recon by the time they get home the camplet will be sold   hope you sat there with smug look on face as they know the Dandy is no problem in the rain    
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 27 Jul 2013, 3:27 pm

Oh yes, cruel I know but I was praying for rain   

To top it off I won a teddy on the grabber machine today, usually avoid them but decided to have one go and won cheers 
jake001

Post by jake001 on Sat 27 Jul 2013, 7:09 pm

You should have taken a picture, nobody will believe you without one
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 04 Aug 2013, 8:40 am

Not like me to go back on topic but it does seem quiet at the moment.
If you have been away or even if are away at the moment. Where are you or where have you been?
No problem if not Dandy related. I'm curious where everyone is or has been.
Remember, "We Love Photos!"
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 05 Aug 2013, 10:47 am

I'm struggling with my dongle at the moment but am online, posting is a bit of a pain in the backside though. I keep losing the orange notifications and yet every time I post they come up telling me I've posted lol! 
Vandriver

Post by Vandriver on Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:46 am

This is Rhyl The Dog and used to live in a caravan, now he will be living in Dandy. He went with us to collect Dany but we only got 50 yards before he decided he wanted a bacon butty. We won't be away "proper" until this weekend so until then Rhyl will have to wonder at all the miles he has travelled over the past 5 years.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:32 pm

Ah bless him............ he is a him isn't he ? he looks a little weary and could do with a Dandy break Very Happy 
Vandriver

Post by Vandriver on Tue 06 Aug 2013, 8:14 am

Definitely a he, he can't multi task you see. he is on a permanent break...it's me that NEEDS one.
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 5:34 pm

Our 3 way fridge has suffered the same fate as Helen's it cooled down beautifully at home Thursday night, seemed ok in the car but hasn't worked since we got here. It's currently upside down having been given a good shake, so we'll see later if that works!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Jul 2018, 4:36 am