Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

My Discovery for Sale

fearful wizard

My Discovery for Sale

Post by fearful wizard on Fri 26 Jul 2013, 9:10 am

With regret i have decided to sell my discovery, the reason is my wife has no interest in camping and i am finding it hard to set everything up on my own, i have put it on preloved but here are the details ijust in case anyone is interested on the forum. Pete

dandy Discovery 1995, 5 berth, blue and white, fully winterized, double glazed, underfloor gas heater, two ring gas cooker with grill, sink wih tap and whale pump, 12v and 240 electrics+ original awning + headlining.
Work done
New Carpets, beds and seats recovered, new curtains, undersealed, new bearings and dustcap on one side and bearings regreased, brakes adjusted (brake shoes in good condition), replaced microswitch in tap, replaced gas and water pipes, replaced all bungee cords on camper and awning and also cord in edge of roof, i have fitted a socket with inline fuse to charge a leisure battery from the grey socket on towbar,(everything works but you may want to get it checked by electrician) also fitted gutter strip over dandy door.

bad points
one of the opening stays on window slightly broken but still works ok, a few dings on bodywork and some paintwork missing on side where bungee cord has rubbed against it, some of the plastic covering on roof hoops has come off, needs rubbing down and painting say wth something like white hammerite.
The awning had a 4 inch tear in top right hand corner which i have repaired with tenacious tape and there i a press stud missing.
The Dandy has an 85 amp battery fitted at the moment but it doesnt belong to me but will leave it in to demonstrate tap and sockets etc:-

Looking for £1850 ovno
Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: My Discovery for Sale

Post by Helen on Fri 26 Jul 2013, 10:39 am

Sorry to hear your selling up Pete Crying or Very sad we may get to meet one day if you ever fancy camping for a weekend.

fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard on Fri 26 Jul 2013, 10:53 am

Hope to meet you one day Helen, i am not stopping camping, i have bought a combi camp with awning.
which for me on my own is easy to put up.
I have spent a lot of time and money on the Dandy to bring it up to scratch, but i am 63 and its not going to get any easier setting up on my own.
Trouble is keeping two takes up a lot of space,

I also have a new sas wheel clamp that fits the dandy but not the combi camp.
just has a couple of scratches Looking for £55 for that

And my revolution midi awning used once £150 ono
will put these on preloved later Pete Sad 
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Fri 26 Jul 2013, 12:37 pm

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad sorry to hear that you have to let her go but fully understand reasons   but that doesn't mean that you leave US  and that you cant join the Dandy meets  

fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard on Fri 26 Jul 2013, 12:48 pm

Thank you, not planning to leave forum when sorted must try and make a meet. Pete Smile 
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Fri 26 Jul 2013, 2:09 pm

fearful wizard wrote:Thank you, not planning to leave forum when sorted must try and make a meet. Pete Smile 

I would hope not you have become part of the furniture here,when we started a dandy forum for dandy owners it was decided then that any one in your position would always be most welcome,hope you enjoy your new unit.

mike

fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard on Fri 26 Jul 2013, 2:15 pm

Thanks Mike be sad to see the dandy go. Sad 
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 27 Jul 2013, 3:45 pm

your welcome to tag along any time you want, we always said we wouldn't all always be able to dandy and any member who couldn't continue is welcome. Hope your Dandy finds a good home and you enjoy camping in your new unit x

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 18 Nov 2017, 3:25 pm