Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Mind Where You Go

Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Mind Where You Go

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 03 Sep 2013, 10:51 pm

It's that time you can wait no longer. If you have been sensible you have taken an empty fabric conditioner bottle if not a short walk awaits. Or perhaps a longer walk if you are too modest or decent to water the bushes.
A strange campsite, not town centre levels of street lighting and all of a sudden you are confused.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: Mind Where You Go

Post by Helen on Wed 04 Sep 2013, 10:42 am

Yep ...... I can sympathise after becoming disorientated on a large unlit camp site in the middle of the night in pouring rain and surrounded by woodland on the side of a 'high up' campsite ........ 4 hours of sliding all over in my flip flops and on my bottom at times, it was very frightening, I also got scratches all over and at times expected to be on the local radio station the following morning with the intro of 'body found in estuary' affraid affraid affraid 

Since then I use the porta loo Twisted Evil 
peridot
Dandy Admin

Post by peridot on Wed 04 Sep 2013, 11:08 pm

I do hope she is okay.

Many years ago, before we were married, Mrs P and I took our first camping holiday by train and bicycle. Having reached the first town we were destined for unscathed, we retired to a local hostelry to celebrate a successful start to our adventures. It was only at chucking-out time that we realised it would have been rather more sensible to have found a campsite and pitched the tent before hitting the ale.

We stumbled down towards the harbour and having clambered over some rocks and stony ground were delighted to find a well maintained level field where we somehow managed to pitch the little tent in the dark, thinking we could make a quick exit in the morning before the farmer even noticed us.

I was awoken during the night by a shrill scream - Mrs P, needing to answer nature's call had wandered away from the tent and had just discovered the edge of the cliff that we were pitched near. Fortunately, it was just in time to prevent her going over the edge, or she would have had a very similar experience to the woman in the news report.

Having recovered from the shock, we slept soundly for the rest of the night and well into the next day. We were eventually awoken by strange whacking noises and numerous voices around us. Peering out of the tent we discovered that the well manicured field we had found the night before was not in fact a farmer's field, but the local golf course! The golfers were far more bemused than annoyed, but we beat a hasty retreat nonetheless and made sure to find a campsite for the following night (during which there was an almighty rainstorm and a minor earthquake - but that's another story).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 22 Sep 2018, 10:48 am