Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Campingaz 907 Bottles

Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Campingaz 907 Bottles

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 03 Sep 2013, 11:11 pm

If you live near Manchester and use Campingaz and want a spare bottle: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
£29.99 for a full bottle and cover.

Sir Henry

Re: Campingaz 907 Bottles

Post by Sir Henry on Sun 29 Sep 2013, 11:48 am

The small print on that offer:

"** Offer only available in store and when purchased with a compatible camping stove, gas BBQ or Camping Fridge from Camperlands."
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 29 Sep 2013, 3:20 pm

Sir Henry wrote:The small print on that offer:

"** Offer only available in store and when purchased with a compatible camping stove, gas BBQ or Camping Fridge from Camperlands."
Don't know if I was a bit of a dope and missed that or if the second condition was added on later. They only have the one compatible stove with grill which costs £50. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] So it's a useless offer not only those who already have a stove, even if you needed a stove you're better off buying an end of season stove at £20 or so and buying your gas elsewhere. How I love bogus offers.

Sir Henry

Post by Sir Henry on Thu 03 Oct 2013, 12:36 pm

I'd been searching on eBay for a source of full or empty 907 bottles and came up with a local source. Yorkshire Caravans of Bawtry who charge £15 for the empty bottle and £28.99 for a refill. As I was visiting a couple of shops nearby I called in at the Rotherham Gas Co. on Rawmarsh Hill about a quarter mile from my home. What an eye opener!

Empty bottles £10
Refills £21
Spare Handles £2
If I retain my receipt the bottle deposit is returnable any time I no longer need them.

They will even swap a bottle that doesn't have a handle although they retain the handle from the full bottle.

I bought 2 full bottles and she charged me £60 for the pair.

Now I've also got a largish steel lockable box to fix on the 'A' frame to store the bottles, leisure battery and a few more odds & ends to keep them out of the inside of the Dandy. Pics will follow as & when the job's been done.
peridot
Dandy Admin

Post by peridot on Thu 03 Oct 2013, 2:15 pm

For the Camperlands offer I think the cylinder (full) and cover at £29.99 is available to anyone.

It's the cylinder (full), regulator, hose & clips at £29.99 that's only available with a stove. It doesn't specify that it has to be a campingaz stove (which presumably would have a regulator fitted anyway?)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 15 Dec 2017, 4:25 am