Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

What have i done?

fearful wizard

What have i done?

Post by fearful wizard on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 1:31 pm

I have sold my Discovery today to a nice couple who are into Dandys, sad to see her go Sad 
but time for someone else to enjoy her, and i hope they have as much fun with her as i have. Smile Pete.
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Re: What have i done?

Post by Tow Itch on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 1:43 pm

I'd say sorry to see you going but hopefully you won't go. You are always welcome on here and if we have a meet that is suitable I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see you.
I'm obviously a fan of Dandys but would have to concede that they are not the lightest of things to erect single handed. Perhaps at some point we will see how gas strutting the sides on a small Dandy goes?

Do tell us how things progress with the Combi-Camp.

fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 1:52 pm

Will do Kevin i am not going anywhere. will still post, i have some ideas on how to improve the combi, which perhaps will be suitable for dandy owners as well. Pete
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 3:16 pm

Awww bless Crying or Very sad at least you know it's gone to a good home and your always welcome here Pete x

fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 4:36 pm

Thanks Helen your stuck with me Very Happy 
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 10:46 pm

We went from a combi camp to a dandy, we liked the speed of a cc, but it struggled on uneven ground, we liked the fact that you could use the cc as a trailer with the added benefit of the luggage rack as well, but overall we prefer the dandy, it'll be interesting to see your thoughts and mods. A pvc combi camp?
Retro

Post by Retro on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 10:53 pm

We have used our Dandy as trailer more than once. Perhaps the most bizarre instance was when we collected at roll top bath we had bought on ebay.

We got a few bemused looks coming back on the M1.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 10:56 pm

Now that's what I call going camping lol! ..... the only thing I miss when away with the Dandy is my bath
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 10:58 pm

Retro wrote:We have used our Dandy as trailer more than once. Perhaps the most bizarre instance was when we collected at roll top bath we had bought on ebay.

We got a few bemused looks coming back on the M1.
Excellent, have you any pics?

We've carried a 3 seater sofa on a combi camp when my sister moved house, that got some strange looks too. lol! 
Retro

Post by Retro on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 11:10 pm

Cazz wrote:Excellent, have you any pics?
Unfortunately not, but I could probably recreate the tableau if pushed. When we got the bath home, it was an inch too wide to fit through the bathroom door so it is still sat in the spare bedroom room waiting for me to widen the doorway. Rolling Eyes 

It gives visitors something to talk about.
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 11:26 pm

Retro wrote:
Cazz wrote:Excellent, have you any pics?
Unfortunately not, but I could probably recreate the tableau if pushed. When we got the bath home, it was an inch too wide to fit through the bathroom door so it is still sat in the spare bedroom room waiting for me to widen the doorway. Rolling Eyes 

It gives visitors something to talk about.
Stupid question, but do the feet come off and have you removed them?
Retro

Post by Retro on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 11:30 pm

[quote="Phoenix"]
Retro wrote:
Stupid question, but do the feet come off and have you removed them?
It doesn't have feet and it's taller than it is wide so, short of taking the window out and hiring a forklift, there is no way it will fit in the bathroom as it stands.

Imagine this... only in a bedroom

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 11:41 pm

Right, OK. scratch  

Turn the bedroom into the bathroom. lol!

fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 8:52 am

Cazz wrote:We went from a combi camp to a dandy, we liked the speed of a cc, but it struggled on uneven ground, we liked the fact that you could use the cc as a trailer with the added benefit of the luggage rack as well, but overall we prefer the dandy, it'll be interesting to see your thoughts and mods.  A pvc combi camp?

Going camping today for three nights' never slept under canvas before.
What i like about the combi is the speed of erection.affraid 
I zipped the awning on and folded it over the top of the combi. then folded the combi up with the awning attached.
Less awning poles than the Dandy, and i have also colour coded them for easy assembly.
So should just have to put poles together, hook on to the combi pull the awning over the frame and then tension.
I will take some pictures as i put it up if its not pouring down. Smile  Pete
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 10:28 am

Just hope it stays dry for you .... oh and condensation makes them damp so make sure it's properly dry under the mattresses    

Hope you have a lovely time Pete and I am pleased it's easier for you to put up, you're bound to get some teasing of me though lol!
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Mon 16 Sep 2013, 9:11 pm

Our Combi camp awning was a pain in the bum, cc up in 30 seconds - awning up in 30 mins plus  

And bath solutions - say it's a small bed or indoor pond lol!  Or the sensible solution suggested of making that room the bathroom.  
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Tue 17 Sep 2013, 9:37 pm

Sad Sad  sad to hear that she had to go but will let you smell my PVC if you need a fix     

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 21 Jan 2019, 10:27 am