Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Friends And Others

Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Friends And Others

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 09 Sep 2013, 10:59 pm

Dear All

I got mildly ticked off this evening. That I had not responded to a friend request from a couple of months ago.

????? I miss the odd post but how had I missed this. Well I never received any notification.

Not only that but I found more than 1 request. These must be very easy to send by accident. So I'd managed to be unknowingly rude to several people. This is no new thing for me and I can often manage it by my very presence. Still not a good thing.

I'm not a great fan of friend, unfriend or foe sections. If I were to friend X, Y and Z am I now some reason going to be less friendly to you? If so why?
Hopefully this is not that sort of forum where people need to not see messages from others.

I'm a bit at a loss. If there are things I've missed on this subject do say. Also go have a look if people have requested friend status. You never know who you are snubbing.
Esermalda

Re: Friends And Others

Post by Esermalda on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 6:53 am

I am a dinosaur. When the Facebook started, I thought you had to friend people in order to contact them, so I was ok with that.
I never gave 'friending' on here a minutes thought, so obviously, haven't understood the concept at all. I have chatted with the folks here no problem in the past and I'm sure I haven't friended or ofriended(pun intended).
This site is lovely, don't change it please. I read every item and am keeping an eye on Caznumbers to see how many dandies she ends up with.
Essie xxxx
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 8:25 am

I've only just remembered that's there, 3 requests probably from a long time ago ......  ........ I think it was from when the forum was first set up and we didn't have a clue what we were doing in admin. You chose a template and then modified it, that was no doubt already on the one that was chosen ............ and then we forgot it was there at all, until now. I don't have any foes and never intend to have any as we are all equal on this forum, always have been and always will be so I don't see the point in having it there ....... we can investigate and see if that can be removed.  I know when we first set the forum up that before it went live we decided we don't like ranking systems where you get a rank for how many posts you've made as we felt it put pressure on people to post and would take away from our main aim of an 'everyone's equal forum' for Dandy's.  Admin and moderators only have ranks on profiles so that people know who to contact if there is a problem and it's because we didn't even consider the friend/foes thing important as we were more occupied with getting the forum up and running that we forgot all about it and it's still there  What a Face 

I'm with you Essie, I love following Caznumbers adventures and sometimes misadventures Laughing
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 4:31 pm

Okay ....... found it and removed Smile there is no longer a friends and foes option.
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Tue 17 Sep 2013, 8:33 pm

I didn't look coz what if no friends  but again what if ??? hey to be truthfully I thought it was a f/b thing  
thank you I won't let the side down    

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 21 Feb 2018, 5:09 am