Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Our Dandy 6

waterfieldplace

Our Dandy 6

Post by waterfieldplace on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 9:22 pm

Hi hopefully there will be a pic of our Dandy 6 .[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: Our Dandy 6

Post by Helen on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 10:50 pm

Hi Mark and Diane, I gave your post it's own thread ........ for all those pictures your going to post Twisted Evil as you progress Very Happy 
waterfieldplace

Thanks Helen

Post by waterfieldplace on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 10:55 pm

Thanks Helen will do, we have some pics from the weekend away but they are on the other comp will try to upload tomorrow.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 10 Sep 2013, 10:59 pm

looking forward to seeing them Very Happy 
waterfieldplace

more pics

Post by waterfieldplace on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 7:51 pm

Hi here are a couple of pics after we cleaned her
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I can't reduce the picture size so have edited post and just put links on (i hope) sorry Helen yes they are nice chairs lol.

Last edited by waterfieldplace on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 8:05 pm

Lovely looking chairs, and Diane looks very comfortable too  

sorry that's the only part of the pics I can see Laughing 
waterfieldplace

Thanks Helen

Post by waterfieldplace on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 8:17 pm

Thanks Helen i have modified the post if you click on the links you should be able to see the whole pics Best regards Mark
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 8:20 pm

It really is a great looking Dandy, the condition looks great and it's so so so clean  
waterfieldplace

5 hours of cleaning

Post by waterfieldplace on Wed 11 Sep 2013, 8:27 pm

Hi Helen, Yes i took me 5 hours to clean the outside with waterless detailer you should have seen the colour of the cloths when i had finished but it does work well on pvc . Diane got busy on the inside so its all spotless now and ready for our next adventure. Just need some spare time.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 12 Sep 2013, 8:28 am

We cleaned ours for the last meet, and it's scrubbed up well but I am going to try some of the waterless stuff as we didn't manage to clean the roof because the Dandy was already erected on site when we decided to give it a bit of a tidy up. Rolling Eyes I don't think it will ever need the same amount of scrubbing as when we first got ours because we try to keep on top of it. We do use silicone spray on the inside of the roof to help it slide over the bars, household polish with silicone in it works well too  
waterfieldplace

Update on our dandy Called Mac

Post by waterfieldplace on Sun 29 Sep 2013, 7:47 pm

Just a quick update on our Dandy the front box has been removed for repairs to the fibreglass, I am part way through and have taken photos along the way. Also i have removed the offside wheel and hub as it wasn't braking on that side. There was a distinct lack of friction material on the shoes ie none, so i am in the process of purchasing new ones. Interestingly one of the questions i asked of the seller was are the brakes fine. caveat emptor me thinks. Thanks Mark.

navver

Post by navver on Sun 29 Sep 2013, 9:34 pm

waterfieldplace wrote: Interestingly one of the questions i asked of the seller was are the brakes fine. caveat emptor me thinks. Thanks Mark.
What he meant was," the brake lining dust is fine". You should have asked if the brakes stop you.

Thankfully the dandies are easy to work on and parts are readily available.
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 29 Sep 2013, 10:34 pm

waterfieldplace wrote:Just a quick update on our Dandy the front box has been removed for repairs to the fibreglass, I am part way through and have taken photos along the way. Also i have removed the offside wheel and hub as it wasn't braking on that side. There was a distinct lack of friction material on the shoes ie none, so i am in the process of purchasing new ones. Interestingly one of the questions i asked of the seller was are the brakes fine. caveat emptor me thinks. Thanks Mark.
Careful about those brakes if you are ordering spares make sure you are ordering the right ones.
Western towing list pre and post 1989 parts [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Though in fact there are three options see my posts at the end of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sorry that was written at a point when we were having difficulties getting links to highlight tried to re do and the third link still won't highlight. You can trace over and go to or see this guide that covers all three types to see what you have.  http://www.knottuk.com/fileadmin/Knott-UK/usr/pics/Products/Brake_Shoe___Spring_Kits/Brake_Shoe___Spring_Kits_-_Full_Presentation.pdf

The type one brake shoes if available seem expensive. You may consider relining both sides. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] have a good reputation but there may well be someone local.

If you are already aware that the offside linings are just dust the warning may be a bit late but careful with the dust there is every chance that the linings are asbestos!
waterfieldplace

Brakes

Post by waterfieldplace on Mon 30 Sep 2013, 3:40 pm

Hi Navver and tow itch thanks for the advice. I was thinking about getting them relined. I am well aware of the dangers of brake dust I used to be a vehicle inspector in another life. I will let you know how I get on, thanks mark.
waterfieldplace

Update on brakes

Post by waterfieldplace on Sat 05 Oct 2013, 1:58 pm

Hi just a quick update i got the relined brake shoes back yesterday and hopefully will be fitting them tomorrow and adjusting from the hubs forward. Thanks Mark.
waterfieldplace

Update on our Dandy

Post by waterfieldplace on Thu 27 Feb 2014, 1:37 pm

Here are some pics of the brakes first is before and second is after relining[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Just realised second pic was of the nearside before relining although the linings on that that side were not too bad i had them relined also.

Last edited by waterfieldplace on Thu 27 Feb 2014, 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
waterfieldplace

Post by waterfieldplace on Thu 27 Feb 2014, 1:40 pm

Here is the front box with before and after shots.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Thu 27 Feb 2014, 6:42 pm

Looking good.   

Did you repair the front box yourself?

Take it you have to remove the lid before setting up.
waterfieldplace

Post by waterfieldplace on Thu 27 Feb 2014, 7:07 pm

Hi Phoenix yes I did repair the front box myself . I fibreglassed behind the damage first then filled the front sanded primed and painted. Rather than a white box I have tried to find a colour to match the camper. Thanks for the comments
waterfieldplace

Post by waterfieldplace on Thu 27 Feb 2014, 7:11 pm

Sorry missed the rest of your post Phoenix yes we have to rwmove the lid before setting up the lid had the fastners on when I bought the Dandy I thought about putring hinges on but decided to leave as is.
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Thu 27 Feb 2014, 7:38 pm

We are thinking about making a front box for our 6 at some point.

Its on Mrs P's to do list. Rolling Eyes 

What we are considering is having a removable lid to take off before setting up, but then putting a trap door in that end bed base so we can access it from inside when set up.  Wink
waterfieldplace

Post by waterfieldplace on Thu 27 Feb 2014, 7:43 pm

The front box isn, t that large and it is the original. To be honest we only keep the levelling blocks, leg blocks and gas bottle in there and they all come out before we set up.

navver

Post by navver on Thu 27 Feb 2014, 9:39 pm

Would a box with a removable front door work. Thinking of the front face being the door rather than the top. Or possibly a couple of side doors.

That really does look a good repair.
waterfieldplace

Post by waterfieldplace on Thu 27 Feb 2014, 9:50 pm

Hi Navver, A storage box with a side door would probably work, At least the access with the bedbase down wouldn, t be impeded.
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Thu 27 Feb 2014, 10:34 pm

A front opening or side opening door would work, but we would still have to get under the skirt and crawl underneath to access it. The door side would be awkward with the awning on as well.

With a trapdoor in the bed base, all we would have to do is lift up the cushion open the trapdoor and gain access. If its raining you don't even get wet.  Very Happy 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 18 Nov 2017, 5:50 pm