Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Dandy trailer tent cheap hand winch

mike
Dandy Owner

Dandy trailer tent cheap hand winch

Post by mike on Wed 06 Jul 2011, 6:36 pm

Bought this winch because i live on a main road and the traffic doesn't always give me time to reverse in,if you get the 4 ton model its under £30 and has 10ft of cable which can be extended.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
bgarston

Re: Dandy trailer tent cheap hand winch

Post by bgarston on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 10:54 pm

Hi, Just got one of these from eBay: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to pull our Dandy 6 in to it's garage. It works very well and saves Lucie's back (a '6' can be deceptively heavy when you least want it to be!).

Ben
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 27 Nov 2011, 5:10 am

bgarston wrote:Hi, Just got one of these from eBay: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to pull our Dandy 6 in to it's garage. It works very well and saves Lucie's back (a '6' can be deceptively heavy when you least want it to be!).

Ben

I liked the look of those with the gearing they are supposed to be easy,at the time i couldn't find any one that used one,now we know they are easy that another option.

mike
bgarston

Post by bgarston on Sun 27 Nov 2011, 7:22 am

Yep they are really good and worth the money. I've simply mounted ours to the floor of the garage on to a bracket I've made up. The winch also has a basic switchable lock to stop the winch spooling in or out as desired alternatively the lock can be disabled entirely. The winch now means that I can put the Dandy away (A) on my own, (B) without breaking in a sweat and (C) without doing permanent damage to myself or the Dandy!

Ben

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:04 am