The Dandy Campers

For people who enjoy camping in Dandys. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

DANDY 6 WANTED

cbramley

DANDY 6 WANTED

Post  cbramley on Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:40 am

Only discovered Dandy's about a month ago and have decided that a Dandy 6 is the best one for us, I am already dreaming of how I am going to decorate it inside!
    Was due to pick one up tomorrow only to told that they had, had a better offer and sold the Dandy to somebody else Sad  But at least we are ready for one now, got our tow bar and plate just need a Dandy now!  

Caz1960

Re: DANDY 6 WANTED

Post  Caz1960 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:51 am

The six's are getting popular   and   to glamming her up I am with that home from home I say
    as I always say the Dandy will find you even if that Dandy was sold under your feet Evil or Very Mad  she wasn't for you and a better one will find you good luck and can't wait to hear about your adventures

cbramley

Post  cbramley on Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:30 pm

Thanks, I can't wait to get one bounce 

Helen
    Founding member

Post  Helen on Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:03 pm

Part of the fun of getting a dandy is making it your own, hope your Dandy comes along soon but if you have to wait a bit for the perfect one for you ...... it will be worth it  

Tow Itch

Post  Tow Itch on Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:55 am

Are you holding out for anything specific? Underfloor heating or insulation? Are you looking at an older 6 or one of the Light Blue ones? Desperately need one with an awning or not bothered? The more you can tell us the more likely it is someone will refer something suitable on.

cbramley

Post  cbramley on Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:27 am

I would like an older Dandy 6 as the newer Destiny's are out of my price range, I'm not too bothered if it has an awning or not as I could always get an awning later and I don't really have any specific's either all I know it is 6 that I want.

Tow Itch

Post  Tow Itch on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:20 am

Money is the major question then. I'd try to hold out for a heater as they allow the use of cheaper i.e. non ehu sites and an awning might not make the Dandy that more expensive. Browns can be very cheap. Try to look at a few as at that age they can be variable.
    Look out for the odd few with 2 non opening windows. Some might not have gas struts on the side walls. The struts do ease raising the sides. Keep looking on Freeads, Friday Ads, Loot and anything you can think of, nothing suitable on UK Campsite at the moment they're often cheap there. Don't just do eBay, Gumtree and preloved.
    Best of luck.
    The more you look at the more you will see possible faults.

Phoenix

Post  Phoenix on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:52 am

Hello and  cbramley

Good luck in your search for a Dandy 6. Smile 
    Keep your eyes peeled your 6 will find you, ours did. We will all keep our eyes open too for you.

Tow Itch

Post  Tow Itch on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:09 pm

Had a few quick thoughts:
    Only one pld 6 made more than £500.00 on eBay in months. There was even one with no offers on a start price of £250. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Do try to view a few Dandys for a couple pounds more or even less money the variation in condition can be massive.

One or two might have 10" wheels not 12". Harder to push, slightly less ground clearance and more expensive heavy duty tyres required. Standard 10" tyres are NOT rated to 750Kg.

Read as much of the site as you can, especially read Mikes guide to buying a Dandy. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  I'd add. "Look at the tyres" if one or both has uneven wear and the inside of the tyre is worn more it is a sign that the suspension arm may be beginning to twist. this would require new suspension units.

Beyond the serious, I see you are keen to modify so do look at Caz 1960's posts (Caz Numbers) the pictures of most interest are on her thread about this years Giro DItalia [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] just sxroll down a bit. I don't think these pictures do her 70's wallpaper full justice. The outside you will see elsewhere but that was the previous owners doing. When or if you find the pictures you will see that the previous owner would have had problems selling outside Wales.

cbramley

Post  cbramley on Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:07 am

Thanks everybody, I've not heard of some of those sites so I will have a look, fingers crossed

cbramley

Post  cbramley on Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:33 am

FINALLY GOT MY DANDY 6 YESTERDAY!!    

Tow Itch

Post  Tow Itch on Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:03 am

What do you have? As in what features. Where did you see it for sale?

Everything you can think of and photos too. "We love photos here!"

mike
    Founding member

Post  mike on Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:18 pm

cbramley wrote:FINALLY GOT MY DANDY 6 YESTERDAY!!    

Phoenix

Post  Phoenix on Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:10 am

cbramley   

As Mr Itch said pics when you can. Very Happy

cbramley

Post  cbramley on Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:31 am

I went to Riva Dandy only to look at Dandy's as I had not actually been inside one and when we got there, there just happened to be a 1988 Dandy 6 outside! So I bought it, I did pay more than I initially thought about paying for one but it is fully winterised, it has under floor heating, awning, skirts, gas struts and it is in perfect condition, my father in law came with me to pick it u and cannot believe how good a condition it is in. Also the man at Riva Dandy told me about 6 Dandy's this year that have been stolen and sold on ebay so at least I know that the one I have bought is a good one.

I said before about wanting to do a Dandy up inside but the condition is so good I might just leave it as it is, I have just bought a extra large cover to try and keep it protected as best as I can over the winter.
    It is true the Dandy 6 that I was gazumpted on was not meant to be!

Current date/time is Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:24 am