Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

My Dandy ?4?

Sir Henry

My Dandy ?4?

Post by Sir Henry on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 12:55 pm

Just going by the on-road dimensions of the tub this Dandy doesn't fit into the range as described in the 'How to Identify' thread. However this doesn't detract from my enjoyment of the old thing so I've started to tart it up a bit. Well ... a lot!

Externally this is limited to 'new' wheels, new tyres, an all steel gas box and a repaint of the body tub.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

While scraping the sides I came across these ghostly remains of what I believe to be the original maker's transfer near the front of the tub.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I've enhanced the pic for better clarity. There's a similar one on the other side. Towards the rear of both sides there are [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ones in a smaller and plainer block capital script. There's nothing else under them as scraping and sanding reveals.

*** My mistook *** It must be a late 70's/early 80's Dandy 5 as the tub width is correct at 178 Cms and the length of 199Cms

Last edited by Sir Henry on Sat 26 Oct 2013, 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added new pics)
Caz1960

Re: My Dandy ?4?

Post by Caz1960 on Sun 27 Oct 2013, 11:59 pm

great pictures   see it's a 5 and the other thing I noticed is she looks low to the ground or is she on a slope ( back door view)

Sir Henry

Post by Sir Henry on Mon 28 Oct 2013, 12:41 am

No, the land there is as flat as a bowling green. It's just low to the the ground all round - although the tyres may need a little more air. I had considered putting spacers between the suspension assemblies and the chassis, but a quick perusal of them seems to indicate that they're welded on rather than bolted. Unfortunately there isn't enough room under the inboard arches to fit larger rims so I will have to consider an alternative approach.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 Nov 2017, 6:49 am