Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

How To Make Helen Jealous/ Can you speak Spanish or German

Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

How To Make Helen Jealous/ Can you speak Spanish or German

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 30 Oct 2013, 8:39 pm

By her own previous confessions Helen is likely to load everything but the kitchen sink. I think I have found a person who has outdone her.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So after thinking this must just be photoshopped I thought it does have a lot of detail. Anyway I was so curious that I did a google search on the image and found  two websites that it related to:

This one in Spanish [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] where curiously it is a recent thread on folding caravans and campers. Alas sadly though featuring some American PVC campers they have nothing on Dandys. I believe this should be put right also I'm desperately curious about the above picture. Would anyone like to correspond? I've tried in the past to send a message though the use of Google Translate but it's far from ideal a competent Spanish speaker would help.

This in German [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Ah just found a related UK site and asked about the image there so the request for Spanish speakers is just to make sure that the above forum doesn't miss out on Dandys.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: How To Make Helen Jealous/ Can you speak Spanish or German

Post by Helen on Wed 30 Oct 2013, 10:41 pm

I'm thinking of getting a camper van of some description to tow the Dandy with ..... so I can have two kitchen sinks  must figure out a way of putting the roof box on the Dandy if we do  
Retro

Post by Retro on Mon 02 Dec 2013, 1:23 pm

Tow Itch wrote:By her own previous confessions Helen is likely to load everything but the kitchen sink. I think I have found a person who has outdone her.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The owner says that he has reinforced the frame and added an extra axle to take such weight.
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 02 Dec 2013, 3:04 pm

I have contacted the UK site without any definite information.

Retro wrote:The owner says that he has reinforced the frame and added an extra axle to take such weight.
So is this from general information from one of the websites or an actual reply from the owner.
I'm presuming it to be German but German trailer regs are quite tight. Though it could be Spanish or other.
Also I was dubious about the load distribution, loads of weight on the back and a high CofG.
I would have expected it to be a monster to tow. More shaking than at a cocktail mixers confrence.
Any further info Retro? What site did you get the above statement from?
Retro

Post by Retro on Mon 02 Dec 2013, 5:39 pm

It was the last line on the post on the Spanish site. I think the chap that posted the pic was repeating something he had read somewhere else. That's just a guess though. The German site doesn't have any info relating to the picture. Not that I can see, anyway.

OK a bit more info. It belongs to a member of the Estorel club in Germany. Apparently, he built it on a 3 ton trailer chassis, although it looks more like a twin axle caravan chassis to me. Note the corner steadies at the rear.

And the Dandy equivalent. Courtesy of the UK Estorel forum.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 02 Dec 2013, 6:27 pm

That one is genuine I found it after trawling Dandy images and it belongs to a vicar who is rather fond of push bikes.
You might recognise the username of the person who posted it on the Esterel forum?
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 16 Dec 2013, 2:27 pm

Got a post back from an administrator of both the UK and German Esterel sites.

The Esterel with the Boot and Bike's isn't made with Photoshop. This Esterel does exist. I know that because I am the Dutch Administrator on the German Forum and also Owner of that Forum as from the UK Esterel Forum. The UK Esterelforum is adminstrated by Mick and Channa.
The Esterel with the boot on it is a normal Esterel but build on a seperate Trailer with two axes. So the construktion is ready for 2500 Kg, enough for the caravan and the Boot. The Job was done by a Trailerfactory by on of the former Owners of the Esterel. The Esterel is a Caramatic 42.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 17 Nov 2018, 6:15 pm