Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Weather where you are

Helen
Dandy Owner

Weather where you are

Post by Helen on Sat 02 Nov 2013, 10:34 pm

Well as we are heading into winter I thought it was time for a new weather thread ..... typically British Laughing 

It's naff here with really high wind and pouring down, shame for all those out having bonfires tonight. We have really cold temps heading our way and will have some minus readings on the thermometers over the next week affraid time to dig out the thermals Twisted Evil 

Sir Henry

Re: Weather where you are

Post by Sir Henry on Mon 04 Nov 2013, 2:12 pm

I've found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to be as accurate as you can hope for over 7 days. In the shorter term - 48-72 hours - you can rely on the 4-hourly time slots to be well over 90% correct. On occasion I've been able to extend a weekend getaway for one more night so that my camping gear has dried out before being packed away.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 04 Nov 2013, 2:41 pm

Sunshine nearly all day,cold first thing but mild later
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 04 Nov 2013, 4:29 pm

It's piggin freezin!

that should read it's really cold here and we had a hard frost this morning,  although the suns been shining it's only been for decoration as it's done absolutely nothing to warm things up. What a Face 

Great link Sir Henry I've bookmarked it for future reference  
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 11:33 pm

Shocked  my house was colder than outside today scratch walked out the back door and was hit with a wall of heat   so had to run around unpacking my precious plants/trees because i have wrapped them up for winter today they were sweating flower flower flower 
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Thu 05 Dec 2013, 12:25 pm

We have gale force winds and the following warning from the environment agency,hope every one is ok

We are expecting a tidal surge late on Thursday 5th December, through Friday and into Saturday morning. This will lead to unusually high tide levels along the South Humber Bank. We expect this to result in significant wave splash and overtopping of the sea defences which could result in property flooding near the defences and in wider low lying areas. Coastal paths and promenades could be highly dangerous as there is an increased risk of being swept out to sea. People are warned to stay away from the shoreline. The Environment Agency is monitoring the situation closely, working alongside partners including the Met Office and local authorities. Environment Agency officers are on the ground confirming the flood defences are in good working order, monitoring sea levels and wind directions. . The time and date of the first forecast high water is from 18:45 on 05 Dec 2013"

clydestyle

Weather

Post by clydestyle on Thu 05 Dec 2013, 9:07 pm

Just started snowing- drat working tomorrow

Sir Henry

Post by Sir Henry on Thu 05 Dec 2013, 9:30 pm

It's been a bit breezy here today. Half the motorway network in the immediate area has been closed to 'high-sided traffic' as well as parts of the Snake and Woodhead Passes. Unfortunately there have been reports of some truckers ignoring the advice and also continuing to drive at full speed.
Coastman

Post by Coastman on Sat 07 Dec 2013, 12:17 pm

The met office is a detailed site. Worth a good browse round if you like radar maps, animation et al
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Retro

Post by Retro on Sun 08 Dec 2013, 12:16 pm

Well, we are currently in Singapore and it's p... p... pouring down. Has been all day. It's warm though.

The gales and tides in the UK made the local paper here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 17 Nov 2018, 5:48 pm