Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Who's Dandying this winter ?

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Who's Dandying this winter ?

Post by Helen on Wed 20 Nov 2013, 9:09 pm

Just wondering who's going to be out and about in a Dandy this winter, ours is sat in the garage fully loaded and ready to go ...... not packed it away for winter yet. According to weather reports we're in for a wicked winter with the mail reporting that it will be the worst since 1947 affraid No 
that's if you listen to anything the weather men say, we all know they don't get it right as often as we'd like them to but have you packed your Dandy up because of the reports or are you going to wait an see if you can sneak in a weekend away over winter ?

We don't mind the snow, it's really pretty when your camping, just remember to take a soft brush to get the snow off the roof if you get it while away. We found it was warmer when it snowed than on the previous days and we even had a bbq ...... no one else was there so we didn't feel that daft Laughing Our main worry was what the roads were going to be like on the way home but so long as your not far from a main road it's okay and we found no problems at all. One thing I always worry about though and we've had some rough weather recently is high winds, I'd be put off with a forecast of high winds rather than a snowy one.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Re: Who's Dandying this winter ?

Post by mike on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 7:13 am

Will have to take your word for 1947 i wasn't there lol! 
Tow Itch
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 12:14 pm

Definitely doing a winter camp I just need to confirm a possible campsite.
Caz1960
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 1:42 pm

just got back from Cambridge and snow on the mountains here not camping in snow just want to work on the girls over winter but looking for a place big enough and near to house them all I know the farmer doesn't mind me going over but it will be impossible when the snow arrives
Sir Henry

Post by Sir Henry on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 1:50 pm

I expect that this weekend at Yew Tree Farm near Kidderminster will be my last for this year, but ... who knows? santa 
rabbitlover
rabbitlover

Post by rabbitlover on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 8:33 pm

We're not planning anything, but if we get a free weekend and a decent forecast we might have a night somewhere local just to air the dandy. After camping at Easter the cold doesn't bother us, we know we can keep nice and cosy I'm just not that keen on camping when there is so little daylight to get out and do things
Judith
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:15 pm

We like to sit in the Dandy and play cards, have a few glasses and listen to the sound of the gas lamps we like to use ..... yep even when on EHU, there's nothing that beats the sound of our cosy lamps Laughing 
rabbitlover
rabbitlover

Post by rabbitlover on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:28 pm

The image you conjure up is wonderful, I just can't imagine Stuart playing cards, and I like to do craft work. I have used my loom in the awning but that might be a bit chilly at this time of year, there's always the knitting though.
Judith
Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:30 pm

If you are knitting ..... don't have too many of those glasses, you'll be dropping your stitches lol! 
Sir Henry

Post by Sir Henry on Mon 25 Nov 2013, 4:39 pm

Despite the freezing conditions this weekend a fine and ... Dandy time was had by the few who turned up at Yew Tree Farm for our 'Christmas Dinner' meet. A single 2Kw fan heater (set on low overnight) was more than adequate at keeping the frost monsters at bay in my 5.

Unfortunately this weekend has shown that the improvements I've made to the 5 are not enough to keep pace with my rapidly deteriorating medical problems, so it will have to go as soon as I've obtained an adequate replacement. I'm seriously considering some kind of motor home so that there will be minimal or even no setting up required. Drive up, hook up and feet up! After all the time & money I've poured into the Dandy and all the enjoyment I've had with it I will be very sad to see it go, but ... what must be, must be Crying or Very sad I'll put it on the forum first once I'm in a position to let it go.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2019, 3:24 pm