Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

New 2014 Riva Dandy Trailer Tent And Folding Camper For Sale Thread

Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

New 2014 Riva Dandy Trailer Tent And Folding Camper For Sale Thread

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 22 Jan 2014, 10:04 pm

Apologies

With Mike not around as much we are now 2/3rds through January before this is being started.
The idea is to help to bring to the attention of new members Dandys for sale and also to ask questions for ones that you see for sale where something doesn't appear add up, or just ask if you're curious about something.
If you are looking for a Dandy eBay, Preloved and Gumtree are the obvious places to look but try UKCampsite, Loot, Free Ads, Friday Ads, The Dandy Owners Club or anything else you can think of. Any add can be dodgy the best advice is cash on collection. No better still cash on collection with big ugly mate. Do be very dubious of anything on Craigslist or anything where they offer to deliver after payment esp if it's from the North of Scotland.

Last edited by ShaunJUK on Thu 11 Jun 2015, 7:12 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Preloved was so obvious I forgot about it till mentioned by Mike below)
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Re: New 2014 Riva Dandy Trailer Tent And Folding Camper For Sale Thread

Post by Tow Itch on Wed 22 Jan 2014, 11:20 pm

And so to list.
These two on Ebay:

Highside Destiny. Nicely upholstered and possessing some additional soft furnishings like an inner roof and bedroom curtains. Should you be capable with a sewing machine this sort of stuff can be knocked out very easily but you can't deny the improvement on a bare interior.  If you like to cook it's one with four burners where some only have two. I'd have no reason to doubt the year given as 1996. Unfortunately at this age it should have been possible for there to be an underfloor heater but none is mentioned. No mention of a sun canopy or an awning either. Yes they are a barn inside without but it would be expensive for a new awning for this and your unlikely to find one 2nd hand. Might need a new cover too. It looks odd not sure it's professionally made or what it is made from.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This looks nice. A Dandy Dart with the much rarer interior wheels. We have had several new members looking for something like this where it is narrower than a standard Dart to get through a limited opening for storage. Though narrower than a standard Dart because the wheels are enclosed do ask about the width if this feature is important because I seem to remember the Darts and Deltas with internal wheels being listed as an inch or two wider than the standard widths. If it's just an inch it will no doubt only the width of the trims on the wheel arches but do ask the vendor to measure to check it's not more. Standard Dart tub width 122cm and width with wheels 160cm.
Listed as early 90's though it has the later version of the kitchen it is both insulated and has the underfloor heating it also has an awning.
What is the grey section on the U roof support pole to the RHS of the sink. (Ah Dart = collapsible pole!)
Looked at the owners feed back and see that they only bought this last June. I might ask how they have got on with the Dandy.
 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dandy-Dart-Trailer-Tent-/251429081892?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_HikingCamping_Tents_JN&hash=item3a8a575324   See [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A bit unfortunate when they bought unless I'm mistaken the previous seller comments about wanting more for the Dart then re lists.

I can't understand why the previous owner left positive feed back for the "first" buyer.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 1:59 pm

A few on preloved

Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sat 25 Jan 2014, 12:18 am

On eBay [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  A nice looking late 90's Delta; Double glazed, insulated, with underfloor heater and awning. This Delta also has twin skirts. All it might be said to be missing is gas struts. It's been listed for sale before and the owner stresses no silly offers but then starts the auction at what might well be the equivalent of a "Buy it now" price. At times I could see this Dandy fetching £1,600 or more but the starting price does nothing to start a bidding war.

A strange advert. An eighties Dandy. Early eighties I'd guess no awning, a cut in the roof some spares. Listed as buy it now as £400 later in the ad it states £650.o.n.o. Think I'd spend £400 on other things.  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/dandy-trailer-tent-/261379870248?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_HikingCamping_Tents_JN&hash=item3cdb744e28

Nice enough Designer. Well trimmed. Insulated walls but no underfloor heater and no awning. £1,000 initial bid required. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Various dandy cover ads by Undercover C.I. Mick Withers who is the proprietor does make high quality covers. Also a good source for PVC offcuts and HH-66 adhesive if needed.
Contact direct for a discount: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Fri 14 Feb 2014, 3:48 pm

Dandy 6 project [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 3:11 pm

mike wrote:Dandy 6 project [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This could be a cracking low budget camper. The brakes will either be a simple case of towing back and forward to free off or a goodly bit of a job to free off.
I'd prefer not to see it broken but if it was; Jhoninbyron needs a roof, there are no new spare older brake components, 12" wheels are always in demand a heater is worth a good few quid and the interior will either be trash or worth a few quid.

If anyone is thinking of having a look but is a bit uncertain PM me I'd take a trip up to Lancaster with you.
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Fri 21 Feb 2014, 12:54 am

A bit of putting up with scant description and buy as is. Or do you see it differently?

Mysteriously from the same address but a different seller [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hang on I recognise the seller name it's the guy who used to do the "disabled" Dandys he does motorhomes now. Bought some stuff off him last year. I meant to do a feature. He is straight enough. Do ask and check

Looking at the position of the floor heater (these are the only Dandys I've ever seen with that heater position) I'm wondering if this was the "project " for sale from Bradford a few weeks ago?  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dandy-Designer-Folding-Camper-Winter-Project-/291072241700?pt=UK_Campers_Caravans_Motorhomes&hash=item43c541f024&nma=true&si=%252Bb%252Be7UZxrgFjbdFU0x%252FWhe18aPY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Delta. Is that mark on the floor a heater under the carpet or not? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

navver

Post by navver on Fri 21 Feb 2014, 10:25 pm

The Delta ad says it has a gas heater in the floor but the pic looks like the blokes knees taking the photo.
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 12:31 pm

navver wrote:The Delta ad says it has a gas heater in the floor but the pic looks like the blokes knees taking the photo.

So it does. I think the knees are the rounded slightly darker blobs and the heater is the rectangular ruck in the carpet.
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 6:48 pm

Please read the first post on this thread I'm concious that it's that time of year for new buyers.
Every year we get too good to be true deals. They very often are. I've bought at a good price at times but be careful.
Scotland is very often featured in "I can arrange transport scams" That is not to say anything against people from Scotland. I'm sure the scammers don't actually live there. Unfortunately or fortunately there are no obvious ones on eBay at the moment so I can't provide examples.

No size given for this Dandy the picture is either a Dart or Delta because of the outboard wheels [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Given similarity of location this could be the same one or not? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Yes I did realise they're for sale at different prices.

Other add or another add for one on eBay  http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/dandy-designer-folding-camper-trailer-tent-all-weather-floor-heater-sofa-table-chairs-kitchen/1049321551 The bidding on eBay is already £300 above this amount. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Odd the mentality of bidders £1,560 bid for a Designer without insulation and without an awning (that was there when it was bought the other week) yet no buyers for a Delta at £1,350 with all the bells and whistles possible. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 2:13 pm

Possible steal. Doesn't mention an awning but even so at this price. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ah you may be lucky but deposit taken. They are just waiting for a suitable point to erect and display to the prospective new owner.
Sellers are a couple with male in his 80s and just a little too much for him.

Last edited by Tow Itch on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Further information.)
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sat 01 Mar 2014, 11:00 pm

2004 Destiny [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 04 Mar 2014, 11:50 am

Limited Space? Inboard wheel Dart or Delta I'd say Dart no mention of an awning [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   Early 80s?

navver

Post by navver on Sat 08 Mar 2014, 9:37 pm

1992 Discovery with awning

Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 5:56 pm

navver wrote:1992 Discovery with awning

That seems to have been withdrawn

Early 80s 5 with the smaller awning (a little easier to erect) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sir Henrys 5  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dandy5-Folding-Camper-Caravan-Trailer-Tent-99P-start-NR-/281280363615?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_HikingCamping_Tents_JN&hash=item417d9dbc5f
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Thu 13 Mar 2014, 2:30 pm

Dandy 6 sounds like you could get a bargain [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Fri 14 Mar 2014, 6:54 am

mike wrote:Dandy 6 sounds like you could get a bargain [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I see the buy it now price has been removed  Very Happy 
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 14 Mar 2014, 8:47 am

Not necessarily Mike, on private auction listings the Buy it now will disappear at the first bid. I find it unfair when you've paid extra to have a buy it now and then that happens  Rolling Eyes I have seen others with bids and still have a buy it now ....... I don't know how they manage it.

All in all if anyone wants the Dandy I'd be contacting the seller and making an offer as they can remove it up to 24 hours before the end of the auction and obviously wanted to sell it for £400 ono. I think if the auction runs they'll get more anyway  Smile 
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Fri 14 Mar 2014, 9:13 am

Helen wrote:Not necessarily Mike,  on private auction listings the Buy it now will disappear at the first bid. I find it unfair when you've paid extra to have a buy it now and then that happens  Rolling Eyes I have seen others with bids and still have a buy it now ....... I don't know how they manage it.  

All in all if anyone wants the Dandy I'd be contacting the seller and making an offer as they can remove it up to 24 hours before the end of the auction and obviously wanted to sell it for £400 ono.  I think if the auction runs they'll get more anyway  Smile 

Thanks,that's something i didn't know
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Fri 14 Mar 2014, 6:24 pm

I didn't know about being able to remove up to 24HR before.

Brown and Coffee 4 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Darts didn't get bed windows did they? No awning but some electrics.

No description 1980s ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Designer awning not insulated no heater [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Check Last years ads out this was for sale I remember the raised seats and the clamps on the table tube.

navver

Post by navver on Mon 17 Mar 2014, 11:50 pm

An old blue going cheap. In the Forest of Dean on the welsh side of the Severn Estuary in Gloucestershire.

Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 18 Mar 2014, 3:31 am

Late 90's Designer. Looking at photos I'd guess insulated. Sun canopy no awning, no heater [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Early 90's Delta not insulated but with heater. With cotton awning of unknown quality.
Looks very much like this is the chap who sold the Designer that needed bolting together a month or so ago. Also did the "Disabled" Dandys.
Bought some kit of him last year thought he was sticking strictly to motorhomes now.
It's debatable that he should declare as trade if it's this guy.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Wed 26 Mar 2014, 6:25 am

A free project could easy be worth the extensive work that may be needed [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Wed 26 Mar 2014, 6:27 am

Got to be worth £200 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Wed 26 Mar 2014, 6:48 am

£650 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I keep the details vague at this point to give registered members first sight

Sponsored content