Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Just joined and looking for a Dandy

willicrew

Just joined and looking for a Dandy

Post by willicrew on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 4:46 pm

Hi there, just joined and we are looking to buy our first Dandy. We are a family of 4 and would like to tow our dandy with our series 3 Landrover - "Kevin" (named by the kids after a Minnion in Despicable me films) - well the landy is bright yellow! Please let me know if you know of anyone selling a Dandy as we have money waiting. Many thanks the Williams Family
mike
Dandy Owner

Re: Just joined and looking for a Dandy

Post by mike on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 5:41 pm

to the forum
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 6:10 pm

Hi and   willicrew

Good luck in your search for your Dandy.
Hope it finds you soon, they usually do.  Smile
willicrew

Post by willicrew on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 6:51 pm

Thank you Mike and Phoenix for your replies. Just been pipped at the post for a dandy tonight - I take heart in your quote that the Dandy will find me soon!
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 7:33 pm

willicrew wrote:Hi there, just joined and we are looking to buy our first Dandy.  We are a family of 4 and would like to tow our dandy with our series 3 Landrover - "Kevin" (named by the kids after a Minnion in Despicable me films) - well the landy is bright yellow!  Please let me know if you know of anyone selling a Dandy as we have money waiting.  Many thanks the Williams Family

All depends what you want. Have you looked at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You could be lucky and pick up a 1970 Orange Dandy some are still serviceable at that age. Download a late 70's early 80's brochure here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You say Dandy but don't say 4, 41/2 5 or 6 or one of the later Destinys. Also see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So is newish and big desirable. A Land Rover could easily pull any Dandy. Try and look at what you want. As I said Dandys from the 70's are still serviceable but this is a lovely project to view.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Don't know how far Wingnut has got but this is very Land Rover and very orange

With 2 kids you might go for all the room you can. I think i have only seen one orange 6 but the brown ones often fetch less than £500.00

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  http://www.dandycampers.org/t1679-dylan-s-maiden-voyage?highlight=Dylan

Or really posh big things   [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The more you tell us the more we can help.
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 7:34 pm

Don't worry it will.  

Phoenix has been here a long time, but Dylan our 6 was fate.

He sold on ebay twice due to circumstances beyond our control before we snuck in and collared him.  cheers
willicrew

Post by willicrew on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 8:14 pm

Thanks so much for all the info. I don't think we mind which Dandy we get but I think an awning would be good as we have 2 dogs in tow as well as the kids. Price is more important. How do I know if a dandy is insulated? what does fully winterised me? I have also seen "comes with a roof liner"? is this the insulation?

Thx Paula
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 8:24 pm

All Dandy's have insulated roofs. The roofs are double skinned with insulation in between. A roof liner is a piece of fabric which is hung under the roof to make it look more homely and catch any condensation drips. A fully insulated Dandy has double skinned walls as well. One way to tell is the inside is usually all white whilst the outside will be a different colour depending on what age it is. The only time you won't be able to tell from pictures is if it is a very rare all white one.

navver

Post by navver on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 9:12 pm

Welcome.

Fully winterised means insulated walls and a heater although it is often a misused term. Not many actually bother with the roof liner, its a bit of a faf to put up.

An awning will be a definite plus but generally puts the price up and definitely helps them sell if you ever want to upgrade. It's difficult to buy an awning separately as they need to be the right colour and for the right model and for a dandy. It's easier to fit another awning such as a porch awning to a six as you can easily fix an awning rail to the side.

Good luck in your search but try not to be in too much of a hurry as there will be loads later especially in the lead up to easter. Prices will be highest early in the season and gradually drop through the year. They probably bottom late August September when the market ends up flooded.

navver

Post by navver on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 9:14 pm

See the white & blue walls over the settee in this one indicates it's not insulated walls.

willicrew

Post by willicrew on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 9:16 pm

Thank you for all the advice regarding insulation
tribalkev

Post by tribalkev on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 9:22 pm

Welcome, and might I add excellent choice in both tow vehicle and vehicle name  Wink 

Im sure with a little patience the right dandy will come along to suit both your wallet and your family, they seem to start getting advertised again about now, what part of the country are you so i can keep an eye out  Very Happy 

navver

Post by navver on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 9:28 pm

Lincolnshire

KB

Post by KB on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 10:01 pm

Hi and welcome!

Have you seen this one?

If you are up for completing an unfinished project this may be ideal for you.

KB

Post by KB on Fri 07 Feb 2014, 12:01 am

And another one that may not be too far away from you

willicrew

Post by willicrew on Fri 07 Feb 2014, 11:48 am

Hi thanks for pointers to the 2 Dandy's on e bay. The first one the restoration project is not for us as we have very busy lives and want to just jump in kevin our landy - hook up and get away from the hustle and bustle. the 2nd one is in Grimsby and my husband went to see it - however when he got back we decided to do the buy it now price of £700 but as somebody had bid in the meantime the auction must run - keeping my eye on it and see how much it gets up to. Trying to arrange to go and see the one in Wigan - The Delta Riva called Tony - now that would go nice with Kevin our Landy - and has awning and electrics! but its a long way from Lincoln! Glad you like our Landy - I will post a photo of him if someone can tell me how to upload photos? thx again for all your invaluable advice - Paula
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sat 08 Feb 2014, 12:35 pm

You can't host pictures for the first seven days. It's a control feature of the site.
Two options: 1) If you have any of your photos hosted elsewhere you can right click them and "copy image URL" then use the insert an image icon. I think this works in the first 7 days?
2) email the pictures to dandycampersATlive.com substituting @ suitably. Tell us you have posted them otherwise we don't check the address. We will then host your photos for you.

If you choose to come up to Wigan try and use it to arrange a trip to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  at the same time you will learn an awful lot. Ian is not quite a one man band but do phone to check he will be in.

KB

Post by KB on Sat 08 Feb 2014, 8:40 pm

There's a Dart for sale in Sleaford too...may be worth a look, see the following link:

mally3

hi

Post by mally3 on Tue 11 Feb 2014, 2:44 pm

willicrew wrote:Hi there, just joined and we are looking to buy our first Dandy.  We are a family of 4 and would like to tow our dandy with our series 3 Landrover - "Kevin" (named by the kids after a Minnion in Despicable me films) - well the landy is bright yellow!  Please let me know if you know of anyone selling a Dandy as we have money waiting.  Many thanks the Williams Family

hi we have just picked our Dandy Dart today waiting to go in it [[[ its our 1st one ]]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 25 Feb 2018, 3:56 pm