Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Yesterdays storm

Helen
Dandy Owner

Yesterdays storm

Post by Helen on Thu 13 Feb 2014, 7:23 am

Hope your all well after yesterdays Storms, we lost the back garden fence and some of the carport roof plus some ridge tiles but are surprised and relieved that's all. I feel so sorry for the people in the flooded area's.
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Re: Yesterdays storm

Post by Eilis on Fri 14 Feb 2014, 8:57 am

not so bad where i am at the moment but more expected today so we'll see what happens next x

got home last night and all seems in one piece which is good lol
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 14 Feb 2014, 9:34 am

Our new fence is arriving this morning, we're considering waiting to fit it though as we have snow forecast and also strong winds ...... it's heavy duty fencing but so was the last one  Smile I think it'll be going in the garage for a couple of weeks and we'll have to throw the Dandy out of there again Twisted Evil
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Fri 14 Feb 2014, 10:59 am

that sounds sensible, do you have the kind with the concrete posts in between the fence panels? i have those and highly recommend them as it's really strong

Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 14 Feb 2014, 11:57 am

We do Eilis, it was just the fence panels that have been damaged.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Fri 14 Feb 2014, 3:59 pm

It's normally the posts that go under pressure from the panels then it all breaks. Must have been quite some wind to blow the panels  apart if between concrete posts.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Fri 14 Feb 2014, 4:06 pm

It was Kevin, it toppled our cast iron chimnea over and John struggles to move that !

It bent the fence panels and they partially popped out then the next gust broke them and some ended down the 6 foot drop to the back entry and then got blown around and damaged. On the pic you can see the bottom of the frame left in situ

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 19 Sep 2018, 12:22 am