Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

New & lookin for first Dandy

guysat

New & lookin for first Dandy

Post by guysat on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 10:08 am

Hi everyone.
We have just joined because we are looking for our first dandy, and there looks to be loads of great information on here  Very Happy 

Guy & Kim
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Re: New & lookin for first Dandy

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 11:34 am

Good first read to see what the options are [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

or for posh and newish ones [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
guysat

New & Lookin for first Dandy

Post by guysat on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 11:43 am

Tow Itch wrote:Good first read to see what the options are .dandycampers.org/t27-dandy-trailer-tent-folding-camper-identification-and-information

or for posh and newish ones .rivadandysales.co.uk/original-spec/specifications

So far our perfect spec would be something like:-      

Dandy Dart due to being smaller
1998 or newer
Fully insulated (roof & walls) with heater
Matching Sun canopy included (Awning would be nice)
Local to Midlands for easy collection

Hopefully one pops up in next few months  Very Happy

navver

Post by navver on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 2:25 pm

Sounds a bit like this one

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 8:38 pm

guysat wrote:
Tow Itch wrote:Good first read to see what the options are .dandycampers.org/t27-dandy-trailer-tent-folding-camper-identification-and-information

or for posh and newish ones .rivadandysales.co.uk/original-spec/specifications

So far our perfect spec would be something like:-      

1998 or newer

Hopefully one pops up in next few months  Very Happy

It's Your choice what you want but some things to be considered. If you still wan't the same thing great at least we have filled you in as best we can.

The Delta is only 10" bigger and the Designer/Discovery though 1'10" bigger has inboard wheels. Yes a Dart is slightly easier to put up. Very slightly and not an issue if there are 2 to errect. The extra 10" on a Delta feels a lot more inside and the Designer is completely different in respect of space. If you can I'd suggest looking at ones you don't want this will give you 1)an eye for what is wrong or right when you look at the one you think you want to buy. 2) A feeling for the size differences.

1998 or newer
Interesting year choice. The all white year. Light blue before and after. The better cupboards arrived 93 ish, double glazing 95ish different bed hinges ?? was that 95ish. Dark Blue Riva Dandys 2004. Age should not be a consideration. Condition is key unless you want a certain feature. 1960s and 70s Dandys still serviceable.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Roof always is insulated. As PVC is not wind permiable all Dandys are warmer than ordinary tents. Heaters are great for non EHU warmth.

Awnings can have zips added to ease erection and allow versatility of use as a sun canopy.

The amount any Dandy meets your needs is proportional to how far away it is.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 10:49 pm

I've seen a lot of Dandy's and would always say go for condition rather than age   There isn't that much in the smaller Dandy's when you look at storing and how much space they take up ..... as Kevin says the smallest have outboard wheels so unless your really tight for space to store it then I'd go for the largest option as they go up just as fast.

guysat

Post by guysat on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 12:43 pm

guysat wrote:Hi everyone.
We have just joined because we are looking for our first dandy, and there looks to be loads of great information on here  Very Happy 

Guy & Kim

Do many Dandy-Darts from 2002 to 2007 appear for sale often, only place I've seen newer models is at Rivadandysales ?
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 2:11 pm

guysat wrote:
guysat wrote:Hi everyone.

Guy & Kim

Do many Dandy-Darts from 2002 to 2007 appear for sale often, only place I've seen newer models is at Rivadandysales  ?

I think production volume had decreased by 2004 so less to sell but ask Ian at Riva.

One on Preloved at the moment. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good bits of post 2004 Dandys Gas struts on beds (They needed to be there because bed frames went from alloy to steel) bad bit no heater or Propex heater that consumes lots of battery power.
guysat

Post by guysat on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 2:27 pm

One on Preloved at the moment. .preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/109262506/trailer-tent-dandy-dart-2007-model.html

Yes I like that one very much, but above my budget so same as, but cheaper  Very Happy
I need to take my time and watch all adverts
guysat

Post by guysat on Sat 01 Mar 2014, 4:08 pm

guysat wrote:One on Preloved at the moment. .preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/109262506/trailer-tent-dandy-dart-2007-model.html

Yes I like that one very much, but above my budget so same as, but cheaper  Very Happy

Went to view Dandy Darts @ RivaDandySales today did like the 2005 model, was very nice with head lining aswell, decided was still above our budget but we will keep looking.
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sat 01 Mar 2014, 4:29 pm

guysat wrote:
guysat wrote:One on Preloved at the moment. .preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/109262506/trailer-tent-dandy-dart-2007-model.html

Went to view Dandy Darts @ RivaDandySales today did like the 2005 model, was very nice with head lining aswell, decided was still above our budget but we will keep looking.

Wish I'd have known I have my Dandys in a unit in Bolton. You could have had a play putting them up and down. Though Ian is obliging you could have had a root and ask the sort of questions you can't when at a salesroom. It is only 13 miles away if you ever go up again.
guysat

Post by guysat on Sat 01 Mar 2014, 4:33 pm

Wish I'd have known I have my Dandys in a unit in Bolton. You could have had a play putting them up and down. Though Ian is obliging you could have had a root and ask the sort of questions you can't when at a salesroom. It is only 13 miles away if you ever go up again.[/quote]

Thats a fantastic offer, thank you. you never know when I up there again, made a great drive out this morning.

navver

Post by navver on Sat 01 Mar 2014, 11:36 pm

I don't think I've seen dark blue darts much cheaper than the 2005 £3995 one at Ians. It is a selling on behalf of customer so you can make an offer. My 2005 designer was similar and asking £4500, I offered £3800 first, refused, then £4000 which was accepted.

The pale blues are a lot cheaper and ran until 2003 and by then they had the dark blue interior. What's 2 years.

There still aren't many for sale at the moment and prices are high. As the Easter holidays loom the market will flood and prices will drop considerably, even more so as the season progresses.

PJ

Post by PJ on Mon 03 Mar 2014, 7:06 pm

Went to view Dandy Darts @ RivaDandySales today did like the 2005 model, was very nice with head lining aswell, decided was still above our budget but we will keep looking.[/quote]

I saw you there, I was there just after I had collected "Dolly" Dandy my new purchase, you were looking at her, she was attached to a red car! I have left her with Ian and will collect at the end of the month.
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 03 Mar 2014, 7:36 pm

guysat wrote:
PJ wrote:
I saw you there, I was there just after I had collected "Dolly" Dandy my new purchase, you were looking at her, she was attached to a red car! I have left her with Ian and will collect at the end of the month.

Which one is Dolly? Did you stick to a Dart but spend more money? Did you buy the older Delta. Come on come on we're bursting to find out. Photos?
guysat

Post by guysat on Mon 03 Mar 2014, 7:53 pm

PJ wrote:

I saw you there, I was there just after I had collected "Dolly" Dandy my new purchase, you were looking at her, she was attached to a red car! I have left her with Ian and will collect at the end of the month.[/quote]

Hi PJ
Yes we remember you, with the red car,  I asked Ian if you where dropping the Dart off to sell   Smile 
We are still looking, but will join you in Dandy ownership soon I hope.

Kim & Guy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 19 Dec 2018, 7:40 am