Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Anyone tow with a KIA ?

peridot
Dandy Admin

Anyone tow with a KIA ?

Post by peridot on Mon 17 Mar 2014, 12:09 am

Just starting to think about our next car. We currently have a basic spec Ford Focus C-Max 1.6 petrol that came to us not by choice but by an attractive deal cut with our Ford dealer to avoid us slugging it out in court over our previous car (that's a story for another day).

The C-Max is just about perfect in every way, if it weren't for the fact that at 47k miles it's needed a clutch change, an expensive power steering repair and had chewed through at least four sets of front tyres - actually make that five as it's booked in next Friday for another tyre change .. oh and the power steering fault that has reappeared  Mad 

The other issue is that it's not really powerful enough to tow a Riva Dandy Destiny that, as per other threads on here, weighs rather more than the manufacturer's literature indicated.

I'm hoping we can get this season out of it, but in preparation for a change have been browsing the manufacturer's sites and the one that has caught my eye is the KIA Carens. It seems to be a good down-to-earth car that in its basic 1.7 diesel version should offer good towing performance with reasonable economy. The '1' spec. level seems generous without silly fripperies that are more likely to be a reliability problem.

I'd be interested to hear of any experiences with KIA cars.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: Anyone tow with a KIA ?

Post by Helen on Mon 17 Mar 2014, 9:50 am

We looked at a Carens ..... lots of boot space  Laughing in the end we got a Peugeot 307 SW ....... even more boot space  lol! served us very well as a tow car and went onto our daughter ........ she now has a Kia sorrento and it's a beast that will tow anything but with a 2.5 deisel engine it should do  What a Face Kia do comfort and style very well these days and have a very good reputation
Retro

Post by Retro on Mon 17 Mar 2014, 7:28 pm

We tow with a Kia Sportage 1.7 diesel.

I haven't got a pic with the Dandy on the back so this will have to do...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 17 Dec 2017, 4:10 am