Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Dandy Designer for sale

Dan Dee

Dandy Designer for sale

Post by Dan Dee on Sun 23 Mar 2014, 10:44 am

We are selling our much loved dandy designer! But we're not sad because we have bought a destiny and the camping fun continues. The designer is a 1991 model with full dandy awning and recovered seats/beds and new curtains to give it a more modern look, it is in good condition and very clean. We are in Ilkeston near Derby if any one would like to veiw it call us on 07931 929965. £1100 o.n.o.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]/image_preview.php?i=6&u=18794440][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]/u/f55/18/79/44/40/dscn1015.jpg" />[/url]

navver

Re: Dandy Designer for sale

Post by navver on Sun 23 Mar 2014, 3:12 pm

Joined yesterday, 1st post, I'm intrigued how you managed to post photos. Normally the system doesn't allow it until a week after you joined.

Anyway welcome to the forum, and I'm sure someone will snap it up soon.

Nice to hear you're staying with a dandy and hope all goes well with the destiny.

Dan Dee

Post by Dan Dee on Sun 23 Mar 2014, 6:46 pm

Hi, yes had a great deal of trouble posting pictures,but have a friend who is a computer whiz help me Wink could only post 3 pictures though is there a limit? anyway spent all afternoon cleaning a dirty destiny and it's starting to come up a treat! Lots of elbow grease required..
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Sun 23 Mar 2014, 8:15 pm

The site should prevent you from hosting for the first 7 or 8 days. I was wondering if you could manage to insert an image from another site.
If you would like to have some more photos then send them to dandycampers (at) live.com Then tell us so we can pull the photos and host them.
Obviously photos of your changed internals would be good. Is the Dandy single skin or winterised and a heater?
If you want to write up a detailed ad just mark up where you want each photo and we'll insert them.

Love to see photos of your new Destiny. The name Destiny can cover a few different models, what do you have?

Dan Dee

Post by Dan Dee on Tue 25 Mar 2014, 9:05 pm

Not took any pictures of the destiny yet but its a 1995 with the high sides and built in fridge and under floor heater (a bit worried about carbon monoxide so probably won't use it) the wheel bearings feel like they have alot of play in them and the hand brake barely works are they easy to adjust/fix?

navver

Post by navver on Tue 25 Mar 2014, 10:06 pm

The Destiny sounds nice. I replaced the wheel bearings on my designer.

Take the wheel off and knock the cap off the hub. Remove the split pin and castellated nut and the hub/brake drum will come off the stub axle along with the bearings. There is an inner and outer bearing and the outer shells are pressed into the hub/brake drum. I took the hubs to Honeyfield Trailers in Bristol and they supplied the new bearings and pressed the shells into the hubs for me and gave me some new split pins. I tried a caravn dealer but they had nothing small enough.

The wheel bearings are taper roller and are readily available by looking at the number stamped on them. Google the number and up they will come.

If the bearings look OK, you can grease them and refit them. Tighten the catellated nut until there is no play but it must not be tight. There is a technique of spinning the hub with one hand while tightening and loosening the nut with the other until the wheel spins freely and there is no play. You can feel that point. Then put the split pin in, fit the cap and put the wheel on.

While the hubs are off you can have a look at the brake linings etc. There is an adjuster nut at the top in the back of the back plate. Screw it in to tighten until the brakes start binding. Then keep slackening until the wheel spins freely. There is an official way of adjusting which I hope Tow Itch will put a link on for.

Dan Dee

Post by Dan Dee on Tue 25 Mar 2014, 10:13 pm

Thanks navver, sounds easy enough i will have a go at the weekend if its not raining sunny cheers
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 25 Mar 2014, 10:59 pm

Dan Dee wrote:Not took any pictures of the destiny yet but its a 1995 with the high sides and built in fridge and under floor heater (a bit worried about carbon monoxide so probably won't use it) the wheel bearings feel like they have alot of play in them and the hand brake barely works are they easy to adjust/fix?

Re the heater see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As for the brakes start off with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] If you want a more step by step or pictorial guide then Indespensions guide is what you want. Indespension don't list the guide on their website. It's for sale on eBay here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] though you might find that expensive. It's long story (all mine are) but I have several of these left over if you PM me with your address I will post you one. Can't be bothered to ask you to post a cheque for a few quid but you will be charged 2 pints if we ever camp together.
If you get to the point of needing to knock out the bearing but are worried about twisting it and damaging the seat when using a punch 1) you don't 2)a suitable socket would drift it out squarely but if you cant find one a nut fronted Rawlbolt will expand to knock the bearing out squarely when it is punched in it's centre. Used them to knock out motorcycle wheel bearings where you can never use a suitably sized drift.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    

Are you sending the email address some photos and posting a full ad for your Designer? Advantage of this is even if it doesn't sell on here we ask you loads of questions so your ad on eBay covers everything!

Dan Dee

Post by Dan Dee on Sun 30 Mar 2014, 9:05 pm

Hi Guys, just to let you know i've adjusted my wheel bearings and brakes today and it was quite easy thanks to your advice and help(things are always better when you know what your doing) so thanks again Very Happy .I also put up my designer and took some pictures of the inside without us pulling faces in them.[[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Dan Dee

Post by Dan Dee on Sun 30 Mar 2014, 9:17 pm

Again it would only let me put 3 photos at a time up so here's some more.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

navver

Post by navver on Mon 31 Mar 2014, 8:43 pm

Now that's what I call a good set of pictures, well done. It looks lovely.

Dan Dee

Post by Dan Dee on Thu 10 Apr 2014, 6:15 pm

Hi Guys just to let you all know the designer has been sold to a nice family in the lake district, hope she will be very happy with them Very Happy ...
not had chance to do any work on the destiny yet because i have been ill  Sad  but i'm sure i will be logging on with daft questions when i start scratch

navver

Post by navver on Thu 10 Apr 2014, 7:53 pm

Well done, always nice to know they go to a good home.
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Thu 10 Apr 2014, 8:49 pm

Glad its gone to a nice family.  Smile 

Hope you told them about this forum, incase they need any advice.

Hope you soon feel well enough to get on with your Destiny. bounce 
We know what it is like not feeling up to par.  Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 23 Jul 2017, 9:37 pm