Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

slight corrosion in dandy destiny

size_11

slight corrosion in dandy destiny

Post by size_11 on Wed 16 Apr 2014, 9:20 pm

Just about to go out in the dandy and noticed some slight corrosion in the exterior on one side, think its been looked at before by prevous owner, very minor small hole 5cm and some surface flaking...wondered what you guys suggest

would some ISOPON Metalik Paste be the recommeded choice or would you suggest covering with a small length of something , its about 10cm up from the bottom edge of the dandy towards the back

Thanks
Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: slight corrosion in dandy destiny

Post by Helen on Thu 17 Apr 2014, 12:00 am

If it was mine I'd be tempted to use a body filler then rub it down, primer and touch up spray paint.  Others may have better solutions for you though  Very Happy

This may also work well on it's own or alongside bodyfiller .... if any more holes appear once you rub it down  affraid 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Thu 17 Apr 2014, 12:45 am

I agree with Helen with filler don't know with the fiberglass how long it would last if is metal / aluminum cut it back to good bits then fill photo's help if you can

fearful wizard

Post by fearful wizard on Thu 17 Apr 2014, 10:00 am

If its solid except for a small hole, i am wondering if covering it with tenacious tape would work then spraying over it
I'm no good with metric so don't know how big 5cm is. Pete.

size_11

Post by size_11 on Thu 17 Apr 2014, 10:27 pm

as usual you lot are great, i think helen has a good solution , I will also check the tenaciuos tape idea as bought some already for a small nick in the roof of the dandy.

Thanks again and will come back with some pics and what I did.

Cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 20 Oct 2017, 6:46 pm