Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Looking for a dandy.

Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Re: Looking for a dandy.

Post by Tow Itch on Tue 10 Jun 2014, 5:50 pm

I'd forgot, a full illustration of how the bed becomes a settee. From 5.04 onwards.

Cazz

Post by Cazz on Tue 10 Jun 2014, 7:51 pm

on your purchase. It looks great, in fact very similar to one of ours.   
CathB

Post by CathB on Wed 11 Jun 2014, 11:46 pm

Thank you. I can now see what I am aiming for when making up poles for the setee now.

Tow itch, the panel behind the cooker is not attached to the hinge!! The one opposite the door, with the 'batwings' attached.
I also don't have a 'cooker guard', looks like it should have been metal, like a splash back.
Thank you for the details of how to unstick my 'dampers' I can but try, not sure how it will turn out, but got nothing to lose.

Got busy weekends coming up, so not able to get really stuck in, I will at some point though.

Jobs, jobs jobs, I need to retire or become a lady of leisure.  Very Happy 

Cath
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Thu 12 Jun 2014, 12:25 am

Whenever you get to things give us a shout if you have issues.
I'm still stuck that someone said repair wasn't worthwhile. I can understand repairers trying to milk you but not saying that there was no economic repair. Was that what they said or did they just quote a price that was uneconomic for you, or do you think they were waiting for you to dump the caravan there?

Honestly a coupling is a basic repair. Helen unstuck hers using this method and Caz Numbers near(ish) to you has replaced a damper. Go to it whenever you want we're with you.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 12 Jun 2014, 9:39 am

My damper was stuck and Kevin helped guide us through freeing it, we expected to have to get a new damper so it was worth giving it a try and it worked.
CathB

Post by CathB on Mon 23 Jun 2014, 2:48 pm

The attitude was very much that the Caravan was very old, and after spending what sounded like being at least £700, I'd still be left with an old van , that would need more work done in the next few years.

I paid £650 for her and spent probably another £600 making sure she was safe. I felt I was better to cut my losses.

She still has life in her for someone who has spare time and know how, tempted to try my luck on E bay and sell her for spares or repair.

Have tried to take the nut off the coupling and it is stuck fast. No movement at all yet. I have put WD40 on it and am hoping it will slowly seep a bit and I will manage to loosen it in time.
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Wed 25 Jun 2014, 8:14 pm

CathB wrote:

Have tried to take the nut off the coupling and it is stuck fast. No movement at all yet. I have put WD40 on it and am hoping it will slowly seep a bit and I will manage to loosen it in time.

Not sure what nut you are trying to loosen but heat usually helps if you have a blow torch or a friend with one. Be careful that there is nothing to burn or damage near to where you are heating though.
Krist0n

Post by Krist0n on Thu 26 Jun 2014, 8:01 am

A really good smacking with a good hammer could also shock it free.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 19 Dec 2018, 8:20 am