Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Hi, Folks i have a 6 berth Dandy

craigstar

Hi, Folks i have a 6 berth Dandy

Post by craigstar on Mon 02 Jun 2014, 12:14 am

I'm after some help pls I have today brought a 6 berth Dandy (She's Great) it needs some new brake shoes along with a bit of welding on the front under the toeing hitch !! (is this a common problem) any ideas of where I could get some new brake shoes please

thanks craig  What a Face   
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Re: Hi, Folks i have a 6 berth Dandy

Post by Tow Itch on Mon 02 Jun 2014, 12:41 am

Hello and congratulations on your purchase.
When welding if coming into contact with the frame tubes (the body not the A frame) be aware they are quite thin.
Brake shoes. Have you stripped the drums and looked at the shoes? Definitely not just adjustment? How old is the 6? Quick answer what colour? We have covered this before and I'll dig out the threads if need be but the Dandy runs on Indespension suspension units with Knott brakes. You may see two patterns of Knott brakes quoted but they actually did three in short order with the last ones produced from 1990 ish onwards. The pre 1990 shoes are £££££s the practical solution is to send away for re lining.
I'm more than happy to help you find the links but hope you understand I'd like some confirmation you have looked at the brakes before I spend half an hour looking for details.
Congratulations on your purchase again we love photos here but you can't host them for 7 days. If you have some pictures of the 6 you could send them to us at dandycampers (at) live.com Please send as individual attachments, zipped files are a pain and put a note on here when posted so we check our email.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Mon 02 Jun 2014, 5:02 am

craigstar wrote:I'm after some help pls I have today brought a 6 berth Dandy (She's Great) it needs some new brake shoes along with a bit of welding on the front under the toeing hitch !! (is this a common problem) any ideas of where I could get some new brake shoes please

thanks craig  What a Face   

Caz1960

Post by Caz1960 on Mon 02 Jun 2014, 12:02 pm

the big girls are growing wonder how many of us have them now     
Phoenix
Dandy Expert

Post by Phoenix on Mon 02 Jun 2014, 9:11 pm

and   

craigstar

to the world of Dandy's.  Very Happy