Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

dinerth hall

sunflowergs

dinerth hall

Post by sunflowergs on Sun 22 Jun 2014, 9:12 pm

Just returned from a weekend break in wales. We stayed at Dinerth Hall campsite near Rhos on Sea,North Wales. I know some people have forum members have stayed at this site in the past,in fact whilst there we were visited by a chap who thought we might be friends of theirs until they saw my ugly mush. He went on to tell of a dandy meet there and the wild parties at night.
Anyway, this site we thought has the potential to be a great place to stay, The field we pitched in was relatively flat,the grass was freshly cut and there was plenty of room between pitches and at £25 a night for 2 adults and 3 kids (no charge for our youngest) the cost was reasonable,and great views all around. However the place was let down by the toilet facilities which were terrible. The gents was well past its sell by date, all the cubicles were dirty and messy and just run down really. The shower block and showers were fine,and my missus didn't have any problem with the ladies block.
So overall i would give it a 10 for pitch,views and value but a lowly 3 if your a bloke and need the loo's. We love Rhos so would probably stay again.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: dinerth hall

Post by Helen on Mon 23 Jun 2014, 9:13 am

Hi, yes we do go there and we had a caravan sited there for a couple of years too so I'm guessing an elderly gent called Gordon came to say hello ..... we didn't really party though   

We started going there around 16 years ago and it was superb, the location is still great and the views lovely but over the years the facilities have become outdated and need a total refurb. MY husband sometimes moans about the loo's normally at weekends but not during the week when it's not busy on the site.  The facilities do now let the site down and it's such a shame as there is so much potential for it to be as good as it once was, it hasn't bothered us too much with having the shower and other facilities in the caravan ... we have now sold the van and have only visited once this year with the Dandy for a weekend but that's because of getting everything ready for our daughters wedding. We manage with the facilities because the location is so good and we can always have a wash in the Dandy and we have a porta loo that keeps visiting the toilets to a minimum and the showers there are always hot but I'm with you on facilities, it's about time they did something with them.

Current date/time is Wed 19 Sep 2018, 4:37 pm