Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Hello from the bonny scottish borders!

Frannyfranfran

Hello from the bonny scottish borders!

Post by Frannyfranfran on Thu 02 Apr 2015, 6:09 pm

Hello everyone, I've already posted a wanted ad, but thought perhaps I ought to pop in here and say howdy. I'm on the hunt for a Dandy Designer or Discovery for family adventures. When I say "on the hunt" I actually mean somewhat obsessed with finding one and spend a goodly amount of time trawling tinterweb... Any help in this would be massively appreciated Very Happy

navver

Re: Hello from the bonny scottish borders!

Post by navver on Thu 02 Apr 2015, 7:59 pm

Hi Franny, nice looking discovery on preloved in Barnsley. Fully insulated (you can see by the white interior PVC) and two underbed side skirts. No awning though which may be a problem.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think the discovery has more sitting pace and more storage than the designer, and although the table looks very attractive, it does only seat 2 and makes getting in and out of the bed harder. You can always use a free standing folding table whichyou can also use outside. Overall I would go for a discovery but my wife said she likes the table, so a designer we have got.

Frannyfranfran

Post by Frannyfranfran on Thu 02 Apr 2015, 9:06 pm

Thanks Navver, I have come across this one on my search, but thought it was quite pricey? Maybe it's not, I really don't know. I'll have another look at it see what the husband thinks. ..

navver

Post by navver on Fri 03 Apr 2015, 12:14 am

Prices are always higher this time of year. Price is all about condition and this one says it's good condition and looks it from the pictures, but I can only see what is shown. The skirts are quite pricey, I have one and find it enough as I don't have an awning.

I think you need to decide whether you want an awning because they are hard to come by if you buy a Dandy without one. We probably see one a year on ebay and you have to get the correct model and colour. Saw one for a light blue Delta recently for £350. That would not fit a discovery/designer.

Also no underfloor heater mentioned.

Frannyfranfran

Post by Frannyfranfran on Fri 03 Apr 2015, 9:39 am

Yeah, we'd probably use some kind of electric heater, so not having underfloor is no problem. Not sure about the awning, husband says we wouldn't need one, I'm not so sure. I suppose you could just get one of those porch type awnings? We're actually waiting to hear about a Discovery that a chap way up in Moray is selling - it appears to have everything and is very reasonably priced. If he doesn't get back to us soon though, we'll get in touch with the Barnsley people.
Don't want to hang about and miss out though..

navver

Post by navver on Fri 03 Apr 2015, 12:38 pm

An awning certainly makes a dandy much more saleable when you come to change. We don't have an awning with our designer but there are only two of us and a King Charles Spaniel.

We have a sun canopy and an under bed skirt. This gives us a dry mud free area outside and somewhere for storage. If there are more than 2 of you you may wish you had an awning or a larger dandy destiny/6.

There are lightweight awnings, usually the small campervan drive away type such as the movelite which you can use

Frannyfranfran

Post by Frannyfranfran on Fri 03 Apr 2015, 2:18 pm

There are 4 of us, though 2 are still on the small side, so I'm thinking an awning is the way forward (particularly for longer stays). We'd struggle to accommodate a larger Dandy too. It's all very exciting ☺

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Jul 2018, 11:07 am