Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Memory foam toppers

mike
Dandy Owner

Memory foam toppers

Post by mike on Tue 12 Jul 2011, 4:20 pm

We have been using self inflating air beds on top of the mattress very comfy and cures condensation under the bed,one of them has a puncture so thought i would try a topper,what thickness do people use and can it be left on when folding away.

mike
Nick
Dandy Owner

Re: Memory foam toppers

Post by Nick on Tue 12 Jul 2011, 4:48 pm

we use a 2inch thick topper its 4ft wide and fits perfectly,ours was 65kg density i think that must be based a cubic mtr or something,but it is important to buy the highest grade you can,i have seen 88kg before.I think alot of really cheap ones are 40kg which wont add any real support.I am sure we paid about £60 delivered for ours and yes we just laid ours on the dandy before we dropped the walls on to it.I have noticed we get condensation with it though where as we never did with the air mattress.
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Tue 12 Jul 2011, 4:55 pm

mike wrote:We have been using self inflating air beds on top of the mattress very comfy and cures condensation under the bed,one of them has a puncture so thought i would try a topper,what thickness do people use and can it be left on when folding away.

mike
we used to use an inflatable airbed but now we have a 2in thick one with foam density of 65kgs/sqm apparently if its any thinner than 2 inch and less than 50kgs/sqm they are not worth having and dont make any difference we got ours online and it is a 4ft double with zip on cover so fits dandy bed perfect think it was around £60 delivered,
i know you can get these cheaper in b&m and poundstretcher etc but i checked all the boxes and couldn't find the foam density on any of them which is why we got ours online

we leave it in the dandy but dont close bed down on it we lay it on top of everything that is packed in floor area which hopefully packs out void and helps prevent wings rubbing or catching on the stuff below it Wink

and in our opinion it definately improves the nights sleeps
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Tue 12 Jul 2011, 4:59 pm

sorry just saw nick had more or less replied to that
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Tue 12 Jul 2011, 5:21 pm

NickB wrote:we use a 2inch thick topper its 4ft wide and fits perfectly,ours was 65kg density i think that must be based a cubic mtr or something,but it is important to buy the highest grade you can,i have seen 88kg before.I think alot of really cheap ones are 40kg which wont add any real support.I am sure we paid about £60 delivered for ours and yes we just laid ours on the dandy before we dropped the walls on to it.I have noticed we get condensation with it though where as we never did with the air mattress.

Thanks but think i will stick with the SI then as i know we dont get condensation with that,pity because i like them.
Owd Lad

mattress toppers

Post by Owd Lad on Tue 12 Jul 2011, 7:55 pm

We've got a 2" memory foam topper, inside a zip on cover. It's very comfy and we pack it much as Vicki has mentioned, to stop things rattling about. They can be, and ours is, quite heavy and bulky which is not a plus point for them. Recently saw that Aldi were selling the self inflating ones at £13 and got a couple to replace the two that the grandchildren broke by screwing the caps off. We'd had the others for a few years and had good serice out of them. The new ones seem better quality and also seemed more comfortable, especially when given an extra puff of air when inflated. Minimum storage is obviously a plus point.
Steve
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 12 Jul 2011, 11:07 pm

I use a single topper on my dandy bed, poor John gets the settee side Sad I dont know if its because it doesn't reach the side wall but I don't get condensation anywhere but the windows. It also makes the bed feel warmer and is very comfortable but mine also has a cotton zip cover and it was not an expensive one so the quality probably isn't all that great but it really makes a difference ..... Netto £29.00

I also pull it across over the centre of the dandy and fold the walls onto it.
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Tue 12 Jul 2011, 11:21 pm

we didn't get condensation with the air bed i guess heat doesn't transfer through the air,which is why double glazing is so effective
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 12 Jul 2011, 11:23 pm

Ah but I have an old dandy without double glazing Nick and I think John breaths too much affraid
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Tue 12 Jul 2011, 11:34 pm

get John to sleep in the utility tent lol,we still get condensation on the pvc windows but not if we have the awning fitted.
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Tue 12 Jul 2011, 11:38 pm

He says stop picking on him, the utility tent is going too far, he already has to sleep without a mattress topper lol!
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Wed 13 Jul 2011, 7:23 am

so far i have not had any condensation in the dandy -what are you guys doing wrong? lol!

maybe it's cos there's only me flower
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 13 Jul 2011, 8:11 am

Sorry Mike I have strayed off topic. I will go an find the condensation thread

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 23 Jul 2017, 9:36 pm