Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Riva converting my awning to popper off sides!

kyte

Riva converting my awning to popper off sides!

Post by kyte on Mon 17 Aug 2015, 8:39 pm

Lovely Ian at Riva Dandy has agreed to convert the sides of my awning, making them removeable with the same popper system that the front panel already has. cheers

I've really struggled with lifting the awning myself (5"6 woman) but having it in 4 sections should hopefully make it possible.

It's with Riva now, not sure if it'll get back to me before the next trip away though!
Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: Riva converting my awning to popper off sides!

Post by Helen on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 10:03 am

It's something we are interested in having done too, there was a photo of one on our fb group yesterday that had been done and it looks as though it would make life simpler.
rabbitlover

Post by rabbitlover on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 8:13 pm

Our's has zip out sides and I'm sure it's easier than dealing with all the weight at once, and means you can just put the roof on for a shorter stay, or fine weather (it can happen)
Judith

navver

Post by navver on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 8:27 pm

Where are you having the cut. Is it just the sides but leaving the back in place or the complete side leaving just the roof.

It makes a difference as the roof only gives a good sun canopy option but leaving the back in place makes it easier to remove the sides by day and pop them back on at night without disturbing the back arrangement. The roof only will make it lighter.

TowItch had the sides only zipped on his.

We just have a sun canopy and love it but we also have an under bed skirt for storage which I feel is essential.

kyte

Post by kyte on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 8:40 pm

Like a sun canopy. Then if it's just me we can have that up and if I have help, the rest can go up too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 18 Nov 2017, 3:45 pm