Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Summer Holidays

rabbitlover

Summer Holidays

Post by rabbitlover on Fri 09 Oct 2015, 10:01 pm

Well virtually the end of our camping season, (we don't like long dark nights). We've been lucky and had some pretty good weather most of the time.
1st trip-Easter a couple of days fairly locally near Whitchurch on a small site, with rather noisy but very beautiful peacocks.
We then took the Dandy up to Ian to get gas struts fitted in time for trip 2
2nd Stayed at Sherriff Hutton C&CC site to catch some of the Tour of Yorkshire, visit Bempton Cliffs and Fountains Abbey. The day at Fountains Abbey was very wet and miserable in the morning, and by mid afternoon we were sitting outside in tee shirts with ice creams. Gas struts worth every penny.
3rd A week at Devizes C&CC site in June, glorious weather, we took too many jumpers and not enough tee shirts, a nice problem to have.
4th A slightly damper August bank holiday weekend at Ashbourne but some quite reasonable spells as well, we managed a good day at Hardwick Hall and a breezy afternoon at the reservoir up the road, and now I know where I need to sort out some leakage in our new porch awning.
5th A fantastic week in the lake district, catching up with my Mum, watching some of the Tour of Britain and pottering by lakesides.
So our Dandy has given us a great summer, now to start planning next year.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Start of Tour de Yorkshire Bridlington
Chirk aqueduct and viaduct at Easter
Avebury Manor
Sir Bradley Wiggins at Cockermouth
Dandy at Troutbeck with new bunting

Current date/time is Wed 19 Dec 2018, 7:35 am