Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Cheap towbar fitting - SE London ?

londonfoy73

Cheap towbar fitting - SE London ?

Post by londonfoy73 on Sun 03 Jan 2016, 7:58 pm

Hello All, we've just switched our car to a Zafira A , and can't seem to find a price less than £250 for getting a towbar fitted with simple 7pin electrics. We're in SE96LB. Does anybody know of somebody for normal prices please? Thanks, Peter.
peridot
Dandy Admin

Re: Cheap towbar fitting - SE London ?

Post by peridot on Sun 03 Jan 2016, 8:23 pm

I assume that's supply and fit?

I can't help with fitter advice, although I suspect you'll struggle to find anyone massively cheaper.

Is it something you'd be prepared to have a go at yourself? A quick glance at the online guides suggests that the electrics are a simple plug and play job if you buy the dedicated wiring harness, but the mechanical installation requires a bit of drilling.

londonfoy73

Post by londonfoy73 on Sun 03 Jan 2016, 8:50 pm

I've thought about that. Looks like I can get a kit from eBay for around £70 without the electrics. However, the wife is not happy about me taking the car apart....
peridot
Dandy Admin

Post by peridot on Sun 03 Jan 2016, 9:00 pm

Taking it apart is usually straightforward ... of course putting it back together can be a different matter Laughing

Seriously though, I've fitted many towbars over the years and never had any problems.

How soon do you need it doing? If you can wait until the evenings get a bit brighter, I'm in London during the week and would happily pop out to give you a hand.

londonfoy73

Post by londonfoy73 on Sun 03 Jan 2016, 9:04 pm

I'm in no rush. The Dandy's laid up for the winter. I am planning on getting things ready for the Easter holidays to take the kids. I also need to replace both bed boards as I went through one last summer... oops!

Thanks for the offer, I'll keep researching the kits and instructions, etc... I think DIY is the way to go...
peridot
Dandy Admin

Post by peridot on Sun 03 Jan 2016, 9:26 pm

Excellent, just drop me a private message on here anytime and I'll be happy to help. I'm deskbound these days so always welcome an opportunity to keep the practical skills up to date Smile
Tow Itch
Dandy Expert

Post by Tow Itch on Thu 07 Jan 2016, 8:20 am

How generous Mr Peridot.

londonfoy73 I see you have been a member on here for a while but only recently posted. I don't know how often you graze the site but the briefest readings of Mr P's previous posts will reassure you and (perhaps more importantly) your wife that he is very technically competent.

Perhaps at some point I'll increase my competencies to include reading and comprehension. I see that your first post was in 2014 not 2016. D'oh!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 23 Oct 2017, 12:25 pm