Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Underbed skirts

Princessleia1980

Underbed skirts

Post by Princessleia1980 on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 7:52 pm

I just looked on the Riva website and the underbed skirts are very expensive. Has anyone tried to make their own? I'm wondering how it could be attached?

navver

Re: Underbed skirts

Post by navver on Sun 05 Jun 2016, 8:53 pm

This thread may be useful for ideas.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The proper ones are fixed by press studs to a flap hanging down from the PVC walls. The flap is not normally present on dandies without skirts and the Riva price for skirts includes the provision of these flaps I believe. This may explain the high price The skirts had no pegging points at he bottom and simply hung down.

If you don't have flaps you will have to find another way of fixing them. This could be:

Caravan awning channel glued or screwed or pop riveted to the bed frames.

Hooks and eyes

Velcro

etc.....

I had one skirt only with no awning. That space housed everything I wanted to store it being 6 foot x 4 foot. I used the trailer cover upside down as a ground sheet in there.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 8:19 pm

I looked at adding them in a previous post.....I think it was Mr Itch that suggested using a wind break (possibly cut down a bit) and use bungees to attach to the same place that you bungee the side to. This might require re-positioning the windbreak poles.
It is on the 'to do' list somewhere.
Using the over as a groundsheet is a really good idea. Especially with my 4 as the unit (and hence the cover) is just one bed wide.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 8:22 pm

just looked at the link.....it was Navver.....that's two posts answered too quickly already this evening

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 15 Dec 2017, 4:33 am