Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Roof Rope Problem

Jonpw

Roof Rope Problem

Post by Jonpw on Wed 27 Jul 2016, 7:50 am

Good morning,

I put up my mum's old Dandy 4 (1970s) the other day to see if anything was wrong with it and one of the nylon ropes snapped that pulls the roof tight to the side of the walls. Does anyone know how long these ropes are? didn't think to measure it when it was up!

Thanks in advance!

Jon

navver

Re: Roof Rope Problem

Post by navver on Wed 27 Jul 2016, 7:00 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum

The unit is about 12 foot long when up and the rise at each end probably 5 foot so 22 foot in total. Perhaps buy 25 foot to be safe and cut a bit off if too long.

The hard bit will be threading it through. I would try with a long stick or something that you can fix the cord to and then tread the stick through. You should be able to work a stick of say 3 feet length through. Drill a hole in the stick, thread the rope through and tie a knot in it to attach it to the stick.
peridot
Dandy Admin

Post by peridot on Wed 27 Jul 2016, 8:51 pm

Thats my job for the weekend. I tried to renew one with the unit erected last time I was away but didn't secure the new one well enough to the old one and they came apart half way through Mad

Usual result of rushing things - a simple job becomes a more difficult one.

navver

Post by navver on Thu 28 Jul 2016, 1:59 pm

We use PVC insulation tape on the boats. Wrap it round one rope then leave a bit of tape wrapped round itself in the middle then wrap it round the other rope. Its flexible and strong without increasing the diameter of the rope much.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 Nov 2017, 6:49 am