Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Designer Suspension

Aeronk

Designer Suspension

Post by Aeronk on Mon 17 Sep 2018, 9:09 pm

Any one changed suspension on a early 90's Designer recently?  I am thinking of changing mine and wondered if these are the correct ones to get:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

navver

Re: Designer Suspension

Post by navver on Tue 18 Sep 2018, 8:22 pm

Here's a link to a useful thread on the subject.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The designer is 500kg units but some feel an upgrade to 750kg worthwhile. The bigger units will require some modification to the dandy though.

If you search on 'suspension' you will find lots of threads on the subject.

Aeronk

Post by Aeronk on Tue 18 Sep 2018, 8:40 pm

Thanks again Navver, I have read quite a few threads on the subject particularly 'Helen's' but there was no link to the Indespension units used. Today I was reading a thread about tyres and wheels and it included a reply from Helen quoting the part number she ordered and it is the same one in my post above. I have now ordered those replacement units from my local Indespension in Swansea, they are only a couple of miles from me so I collect tomorrow all being well. I decided to go for direct 500Kg replacement rather than have to alter fittings to make 750Kg units fit.

I will do as 'Helen' did and try with replacements only first and if necessary add spacers later but I am hoping the trailer will level out enough not to have to do that, we'll see. Main thing is to have new safe suspension as it looks like mine are the original from 1992 so must be well worn by now!

So much to learn but I am getting there slowly with this help, thanks again for your input, its appreciated.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 20 Oct 2018, 10:48 pm