Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Dandy trailer tent emergency lighting

mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Dandy trailer tent emergency lighting

Post by mike on Sat 16 Jul 2011, 12:59 pm

Most campers on mains will have strip lights or something similar,we have never bothered opting instead for the led type lights battery operated,only ever used cheap batteries and they last that long i couldn't give a time for it,may change them two or three times in a season.When i say cheap batteries i have just bought 60 AA from B&M for 99p these lights have hooks and magnetic holders so will fix in most places,the first one is the type we use.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The next one is a lot smaller with only 24 leds

Now the real emergency lights just bought these T light holders from B&M for £1.99 each

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: Dandy trailer tent emergency lighting

Post by Helen on Sat 16 Jul 2011, 1:19 pm

I have those tea-light holders in white Mike lol! I got them from Ikea but to be fair they don't give off much light at all. We do have the UFO type led lights that take AA batteries and they are very bright. You can get larger candle type holders that will hold a large 3 wick candle but then you have to transport it. I do like my gas lanterns and always have one with me. We have some solar lights that look like rocks and are much brighter than any of the others that we have, they are from B&M too and give off a good light so could be used in an emergency as could the tent pegs with led lights in them, they are super-bright. We do carry a solar light that looks like a glass cube, we put this on the tow bar of the Dandy if we are on an unmarked pitch to stop anyone falling over it or driving into it at night.
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sat 16 Jul 2011, 1:22 pm

i have the rolson round 24 led light it was 3.99 from tescos and is ace would highly recommend it is very magnetic it sticks above our bed through the roof liner onto the roof pole incase we need light during night and also one that we stick to the apex pole of awning just incase had them about 10 month now and still haven't needed to change batteries pirat
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 16 Jul 2011, 1:24 pm

helen wrote:I have those tea-light holders in white Mike lol! I got them from Ikea but to be fair they don't give off much light at all. We do have the UFO type led lights that take AA batteries and they are very bright. You can get larger candle type holders that will hold a large 3 wick candle but then you have to transport it. I do like my gas lanterns and always have one with me. We have some solar lights that look like rocks and are much brighter than any of the others that we have, they are from B&M too and give off a good light so could be used in an emergency as could the tent pegs with led lights in them, they are super-bright. We do carry a solar light that looks like a glass cube, we put this on the tow bar of the Dandy if we are on an unmarked pitch to stop anyone falling over it or driving into it at night.

The candle lights are just for a winter evening, heater on relaxing and talking i love candle light its the romantic in me
vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Sat 16 Jul 2011, 1:28 pm

mike wrote:
helen wrote:I have those tea-light holders in white Mike lol! I got them from Ikea but to be fair they don't give off much light at all. We do have the UFO type led lights that take AA batteries and they are very bright. You can get larger candle type holders that will hold a large 3 wick candle but then you have to transport it. I do like my gas lanterns and always have one with me. We have some solar lights that look like rocks and are much brighter than any of the others that we have, they are from B&M too and give off a good light so could be used in an emergency as could the tent pegs with led lights in them, they are super-bright. We do carry a solar light that looks like a glass cube, we put this on the tow bar of the Dandy if we are on an unmarked pitch to stop anyone falling over it or driving into it at night.

The candle lights are just for a winter evening, heater on relaxing and talking i love candle light its the romantic in me
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 17 Jul 2011, 7:02 am

Gas lights are nice,always think i cant be bothered with the mantle fitting,i know you have no trouble with it,John does it lol!

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 17 Jul 2011, 8:16 am

I love the light, sound and heat from the gas lamps. I have no trouble with the mantels but John is a bit rubbish at putting new ones on but he can do it, just likes to moan about it. Smile
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sun 17 Jul 2011, 5:04 pm

Bit over the top but it looks nice

Helen
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Sun 17 Jul 2011, 5:08 pm

That is a lovely one Mike, just returned from Asda and they have lots of battery powered LED lights in at a good price.
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Fri 23 Sep 2011, 1:59 pm

Coleman north star gas light on offer

vickoir
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Fri 23 Sep 2011, 4:08 pm

mike wrote:Bit over the top but it looks nice

i want one of these now
Owd Lad
Owd Lad

Re Emergency Lighting

Post by Owd Lad on Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:47 pm

We acquired a couple of the 72 led lights shortly after getting the Dandy and find them incredibly bright, to the point of stark and certainly not romantic. The best way of using them seems to be to hang them facing a few inches away from the Dandy wall and basking in the reflected light. Brilliant as a utilitarian lamp though, even if they do seem capable of inflicting eye burn. Next came a couple of small led lanterns from Aldi (Don't you just love Aldi?). Not as bright but much more pleasant. We were once the proud owners of a tall 'Aladdin' table lamp with shade which was ideal as a source of heat and light, apart from the fact that they are so fragile and, quite honestly, used to frighten us to death at the prospect of a paraffin spill and fire. In some ways led lights and an extra pullover are more relaxing.

Steve
mike
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 16 Jun 2012, 12:15 pm

Just got a new table light from tesco,the light panels can be used individually or together with complete rotation and up and down angles.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2019, 6:08 am