Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Our Dandy shortlist.

Cazz

Our Dandy shortlist.

Post by Cazz on Tue 19 Jul 2011, 5:07 pm

As suggested by another member, I am putting up our Dandy wants and thoughts.

We are, we think looking for an early 4, although a 4/5 or even a 5 berth would be considered, 60's, 70's or 80's, any with the small awning, although the awning itself isn't essential because we will only be using it for weekends with the car, we have the camper for our main holiday.

The PVC must be in good condition, no tears, horrific stains etc. The riveting and wood sides of things we can hopefully deal with. Insulation would be good, though not essential. Electric, again is not important, 12 or 240volt.

We're not sure what sort of price we would expect to pay, our needs are quite basic so hopefully there is a bargain out there for us, we are not in a rush and are prepared to buy in the winter.

So if anyone spots or knows of one, please let us know. Thank you Very Happy
carl

Re: Our Dandy shortlist.

Post by carl on Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:47 pm

this could be like a treasure hunt but we can call it a Dandy hunt
first one to find cazz a dandy that is suitable wins a free dandy sticker just need to send a stamped self addressed envelope to clame your prize
Nick
Dandy Owner

Post by Nick on Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:00 pm

probably better off waiting till october onwards,as Dandy's will be going for silly money at the moment.There are plenty of the older ones out there in good condition,they were certainly better made than the later models.
vickoir
Dandy Expert

Post by vickoir on Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:13 pm

Cazz,
have you looked on preloved and uk campsites sometimes some good bargins to be had on there we got our second dandy from preloved pirat
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Tue 19 Jul 2011, 11:10 pm

I've been checking ebay, preloved and here. I will also look in the local paper and adds in supermarkets, you never know. Thanks everyone, remember the reward of the sticker, I will even pay the P+P. Very Happy
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Wed 20 Jul 2011, 5:46 am

A dandy treasure hunt, sounds like fun and I'm sure eventually one will be found with your name on it. We waited for a while for one for my daughter, practically with the same shortlist too but one did come our way in the end. I agree with Nick, towards the end of the season they tend to come down in price. When you have found the one that you want there will be a sticker ready and waiting and plenty of advice on how to personalise it, us women members love help out in that department Laughing
Eilis
Dandy Owner

Post by Eilis on Wed 20 Jul 2011, 7:01 am

an unusual one here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

this one costs more but is insulated, no awning but it has a sun canopy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

the others are right about the lower prices later in the year but you can sometimes grab a bargain if others miss it Smile

good luck and i'm sure you will never look back once you get your dandy I love you
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Wed 20 Jul 2011, 7:30 am

Cazz wrote:As suggested by another member, I am putting up our Dandy wants and thoughts.

We are, we think looking for an early 4, although a 4/5 or even a 5 berth would be considered, 60's, 70's or 80's, any with the small awning, although the awning itself isn't essential because we will only be using it for weekends with the car, we have the camper for our main holiday.

The PVC must be in good condition, no tears, horrific stains etc. The riveting and wood sides of things we can hopefully deal with. Insulation would be good, though not essential. Electric, again is not important, 12 or 240volt.

We're not sure what sort of price we would expect to pay, our needs are quite basic so hopefully there is a bargain out there for us, we are not in a rush and are prepared to buy in the winter.

So if anyone spots or knows of one, please let us know. Thank you Very Happy

If you can i would put insulation high on the list,having owned both and now have uninsulated we found both are very usable but insulated is the best,must admit the 80s brown and white are my favourites,but after saying that i do like Kevins green one
Cazz

Post by Cazz on Wed 20 Jul 2011, 9:09 pm

Were more made with or without insulation? And what year was it available from? Now there's some questions. Im also assuming it shouldn't be too hard to insulate the bed bases and sides.

I've seen Kevin's photo on the Goodwood thread, it looks lovely. Very Happy
Helen
Dandy Owner

Post by Helen on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 5:30 am

I'm not too sure about when insulating the unit started. My daughter has a 5 that is not insulated and as she only plans to use it in warmer months it hasn't been a problem. You could insulate the bedboard and wall board with the silver type insulation and that would be fairly cheap, easy to do and would help. The pvc walls are more difficult to do but you could find something that would work. I have seen the felt backed leather look table protector stuff in our local fabric shop so you could perhaps cut it to shape and and rivet poppers on the top bar and bed frame to secure when the Dandy is erected, the only problem would be the front windows but I suppose you could cut out a square for them. I don't know how much this would help as we have never tried it, ours is insulated but we use ours in cold weather. If you only plan to use it in warmer months then don't worry about it too much, like I said my daughters is not insulated and she has used it a few times this year and just left a small heater on overnight if the temperatures are a bit chilly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 17 Dec 2017, 4:11 am