Dandy Campers

Dandy Trailer Tent / Folding Camper Enthusiasts. Dandy Trailer Tent/Folding camper the best for all year camping

Tip for attaching Awning poles to Dandy

Nick
Dandy Owner

Tip for attaching Awning poles to Dandy

Post by Nick on Sun 12 Jun 2011, 7:52 pm

i dont know if this is the normal way of attaching awning roof poles to the dandy awning/roof brackets,but i recently started to lift the dandy roof bars up out of the brackets,then i hook awning bars into brackets followed by pushing the roof bars back into the bracket.Doing it this way the roof bar is pushing metal to metal.I used to erect Dandy then just push awning roof poles between the roof pole and dandy,this is what i think was causing wear in the pvc as its a snug fit when both poles share a bracket.Hope this makes sense?
Helen
Dandy Owner

Re: Tip for attaching Awning poles to Dandy

Post by Helen on Sun 12 Jun 2011, 8:02 pm

We will try that Nick it makes perfect sense, we always have a bit of a struggle with ours. Wink
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Sat 18 Jun 2011, 6:09 am

NickB wrote:i dont know if this is the normal way of attaching awning roof poles to the dandy awning/roof brackets,but i recently started to lift the dandy roof bars up out of the brackets,then i hook awning bars into brackets followed by pushing the roof bars back into the bracket.Doing it this way the roof bar is pushing metal to metal.I used to erect Dandy then just push awning roof poles between the roof pole and dandy,this is what i think was causing wear in the pvc as its a snug fit when both poles share a bracket.Hope this makes sense?

Makes sense we did it by lifting the dandy roof pole and pushing both in together to make it easier,of course that doesn't remove the wear on the pvc will give it a go your way.
mike
Dandy Owner

Post by mike on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:49 am

A simple idea that deserves a bump
The Admiral

Post by The Admiral on Sat 11 May 2013, 9:20 pm

Missed this useful tip when it was on first time (didn't have an awning then), thanks Mike for bumping it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 21 Jul 2017, 7:37 am